Help,Help, Help

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it represents a package, with the striped fabric around the box, and into the bow. I'd guess the red part is supposed to be the other side of the ribbon. Remind me not to do things like this.. cross eyed looking at the pict.

Good luck. I think you could do most anything, the only place it might show is in the red of the bow.

RitaR

I think it represents a package, with the striped fabric around the box, and into the bow. I'd guess the red part is supposed to be the other side of the ribbon. Remind me not to do things like this.. cross eyed looking at the pict.

Good luck. I think you could do most anything, the only place it might show is in the red of the bow.

RitaR

I crocheted a red mantle scarf (with beadspread weight cotton) for a cousin years ago and almost went blind. Red is nott my color. Do all over ribbons with tags and bows on that one. The first one could be made fabulous with some simple custom work.

I crocheted a red mantle scarf (with beadspread weight cotton) for a cousin years ago and almost went blind. Red is nott my color. Do all over ribbons with tags and bows on that one. The first one could be made fabulous with some simple custom work.

Hester, remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. (I forget that a lot and tend to assume that everyone likes fabric I like.) If this weren't the case, quilt shops would never have any fabric on sale because we'd all like the same thing. I'll bet you can just make this ribbon quilt sing.

Sharon Roos

www.roseofsharonquilting.com

Hester, remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. (I forget that a lot and tend to assume that everyone likes fabric I like.) If this weren't the case, quilt shops would never have any fabric on sale because we'd all like the same thing. I'll bet you can just make this ribbon quilt sing.

Sharon Roos

www.roseofsharonquilting.com

Boy, not my style, but to each their own. My 2 cents, and not even worth that, but here goes. On the "Ribbon" one, I like the idea of making it a package. SID around the ribbon, and do some type of stitching to give the ribbon texture. Even something as simple as putting on the channel locks and doing piano keys in the ribbons. How about a viny meander on the "package" part of the quilt. Again, giving it texture. I'd go with a neutral thread, it's not going to show on that at all.

Top one. Could you cross hatch the larger rectangles to just hold them down, then do some sort of different types of free hand designs in the smaller rectangles and squares? Too add some cohesiveness to them, I'd suggest the same design in blocks that are the same print.. Again, neutral thread because it's got enough going on already.

Please let us know what you come up with.

Archived