Coffee Quilt Pic

Hay Joann:

all I see are little red X's & a discription of the quilt name, not the pic's. & when I click on the x's I don't get a photo to look at either, am I doing it wrong. I tried a dubble click on the x's to, & I also tried a right click, nothing

I can get to your web site by cliking on your URL, But I don't think that was your plan. :(

Thanks, this is one of those quilts that was made because of the panto...I loved the panto, had to have it, but needed a reason to buy it so I created a quilt that I could use it on :P

Gerry, I thought the rulers would be more difficult than they were/are, but I was wrong. I had the base expander on my machine and I put those little silacone dots on the bottom of my ruler to help them from slipping and it worked out ok. So much so that I purchased more rulers (scallops, waves, the Terry Twist, and the continuous curve ones) as well.

Joann

post--13461897875855_thumb.jpg

Sorry guys, we have been having problems with our internet provider this weekend, they sold the company to their rival and they started making changes like changing our IP address among other things without letting us or their other customers know what they were doing. DH got it straightened out (he had to go in and make changes to our DNS server to read the new IP address) so hopefully everyone will be able to see the pics soon if they can't already (DH said it has to do with how long everyones Internet Provider's DNS servers updates...usually 24 hours or less).

Don't ask me what any of this all means...it goes right over my head, LOL I am just typing what my DH is telling me to as he is standing over my shoulder as I am typing. ;)

Joann

Joann,

I love that panto, too. I bought it knowing that I'll make

a brown/bieges quilt that will be perfect on it. They have so

many fabrics with java and coffee themes, too. Makes me

crave coffee.:)

I love what you did in the border. The circles quad'd - is that

ruler work? What/who's ruler did you use?

Thanks guys glad they are finally showing up :cool:

Anyways yes the borders were done with rulers, the wave borders I used the Hartly wave ruler/guide and then the pumpkin seeds/ petals or circles (whatever you want to call them ;) ) I used the "Triple Play" ruler from Huckleberry Quiltworks. I originally bought the triple play ruler for continuous curves but I didn't like the depth of the curve for CC work so I purchased Contantine's Quilts CC templates for thosr and decided to play with the Triple Play ruler to see what I could come up with and this is what I got.

Joann

I purchased that panto a few weeks ago. It is so adorable. I too want to make a coffee quilt.

I bought the triple play ruler too. I'm a new Mille owner -- just 2 months -- so am trying a lot of things out. My problem so far is figuring out how many repeats you can do with a ruler curve or angle and have everything end up even.

Thanks for the pictures. I love your quilt.

Hugs, Joy

• 2 weeks later...

Archived