NQR - Moving again

Well, life has been really busy here, too busy. I haven't had much time to post or even be on the computer. I miss all of you.

We are moving again. The job here didn't pan out so we will be moving back to Virginia. My DH has secured a job there that holds a lot of potential.

Anyway, I am trying to get the house ready to be sold. I am just about at wits end with all that needs to get done. Some remodeling projects were started before this job change and need to be finished. I am frazzled to say the least.

When we move up to WI, the house we bought needed some work and we figured we would be here for the next 15 years...I shouldn't plan:o

My DD is excited to be moving back. She hasn't been able to find full time work here. She also misses her BF, who is still in VA. She is also excited to have here favorite stores to shop in again (hmm...how important is that:P when one is 24 years old)

I miss reading all the post and feel like it has been ages since I could spend time here on the forum. I am going to try and pop in and at least read your posts for the next few weeks. I'll try and say "hi".

Say a few prayers for my sanity!:o

Cheryl, I am sorry to hear the job here in Wisconsin didn't work out as planned. But I am glad to hear your husband has secured a new job with lots of potential. Take it easy and don't get yourself too stressed out, one day at a time I always say (I know easier said). It must be a phase that girls that age go through, my daughter is the same way......shopping :D. With my daughter it seems like shopping is her most important thing in her life at times.

I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers; and I wish you all the best.

Good luck with your move. It sounds like it hasn't been long since you moved so you probably haven't accumulated a great deal of "stuff" to have to sort out, throw out, give away,etc. Someone once told me that everyone should have to move every 5 years so they are required to "de-stuff" their lives.

Thank you for the good thoughts, I'll need them!

I'll have a snow blower for sale later this year. Hmm...maybe I should keep it since VA had more snow than we did here in Wausau:P

We painted the master bedroom ceiling and walls yesterday, the stairwell, the trim work in one bedroom, sealed the stair railing and lower steps then lastly moved all the furniture out of 2 bedrooms so carpet can be installed. I started at 7 am painting the ceiling and finished at 7 pm.

Cheryl, sorry WI didn't work out however, we're glad that you're coming back to VA. It's very, very hot here, there's a storm brewing out in the Atlantic and shopping is as expensive as ever!!! Where in VA are you moving, I was thinking you were close to DC earlier. I did get north (I'm in VA Beach) and visited IKEA for the first time, OMG I loved it. I'm thinking about changing our bed into a "murphy bed" so I can move some nice IKEA stuff in for more quiltie stuff. We sleep in the media room anyway, LOL. It's fun getting "older"

Cheryl, I'm so sorry to hear about your upcoming move. :( Hang in there! I'll add you to my prayer list. Like Liam said, take it one day at a time or it will all feel so overwhelming. I noticed you hadn't been on the forum lately but figured it's summertime and everyone is so busy. Keep in touch and let us know how the move goes. ((((hugs)))))

Cheryl, many good wishes and thoughts and prayers coming your way for a smooth transition in all aspects with your move. Just think of all the adventures you can store in your memory bank. Glad that you have a job to go back to.

Connie,

We are moving back to Richmond. So I'll be back with my friends and my small quilting group (I don't t think 22 quilters is small, but we don't all show up at once so it works).

Today is exciting though. I have a toilet, a kitchen sink with faucet, a dishwasher and a bathroom sink on my first floor:D:D:D the plumber came and spent some time here this morning. I haven't had any of these since the wood floors went in about 3 weeks ago.

Bekah,

I think this will turn into a memory soon forgotten:P:P Too much work in too short of a time!:o:o

Lisa,

I am going to move into a house that needs no painting or I'll hire someone to do it:D

Again, thank you for all your good thoughts coming my way!

Archived