stylists..are they all created equal? How funny...stylus!!!!!!.

I want to start buying boards and templates, but was wondering if all stylists were created equal. I have limited resources and wanted to start out simple. What is the best system to start with and add to..I want to add a variety of different brands of boards and templates. I love them all, but can't have them all!

Lori

Oh silly me! I didn't even catch that!!! :}

Lori, you should investigate all of them, look at their videos, websites and then decide. I have the Quiltazoid and love it. I use their boards and also the R & S boards with no problem. I don't have any Circle Lord boards, but I THINK they will work too, but I can't say for sure. I just bought the stylus for the QZ so I can also work with the long boards from the back. I have the QZ setup for the front of the machine to use in blocks, etc. They all have videos or you can send for a DVD to watch as well.

You will probably get a lot of feedback on this subject. :):):)

Each company does have a slightly different groove on their boards....R & S Boards and Urban Elements boards have the same groove...because R&S Designs make also the Urban boards.

Circle Lord are just a bit smaller so the R&S stylus doesn't work with them, but the Circle Lord stylus will work with the others, but its a bit sloppy so you have to be more careful because it doesn't run the groove as well.

There are Sew EZ and Sew Groovy boards that are the same groove slot, but not sure how they are for equal with the first three mentioned....but think they are more similar to the R&S Designed boards.

I know I haven't helped with you making up your mind of which to buy. So I guess its going to come down to what fits your budget best....I have only R&S Boards right now, but have gotten the stylus's for all the boards available out there....to be ready just in case I every need them....yes, the Circle Lord came with my Circle Lord, just haven't gotten any boards yet, I have just the basic and spiral thingy...

Lori,

Like you, I had limited resources when I started out. I bought a few R&S boards and a few Quilt-EZ boards. I may even have a Sew Groovy board. The boards I use most are the Quilt-EZ Baptist Fan boards (I have 2).

Last year I bought the Quiltazoid and I love it. I use it from the front of the machine exclusively and I use all my long boards from the back. I haven't done it yet, but I could use the block template boards from R&S and Q-EZ on my Quiltazoid.

Lori,

I think starting out with the Econozoid is a really good way to get started and be up front. I have the Quiltazoid and wouldn't be without it. I can easily do circles of any kind and I didn't have to get any special templates. I love my boards for cross hatching and beadboarding boards, plus you can add boards a little at a time. I have a lot of Rns boards and love them too. I don't own any CL boards.

Originally posted by Lori Dinsmore

I think I am starting to understand.

I work from the front of the machine, for the life of me, I can't follow a pantogram.

I was thinking about getting the econozoid and building from that...does that sound smart?

Lori

That's exactly what I did ! I started with the Econozoid and 1 pattern board from QZ. From there I branched out and bought a few more boards from R & S and then got brave and went for the stylus to use from the back with the longer boards. I CANNOT do pantographs either, but these pattern boards make it much easier to get a nice design with less frustration. :D I have my "wish list" growing with all the other pattern boards and block boards that I want now. Some from QZ and some from R & S. I just love them. They are so much fun! In fact, I gave our daughter the R & S site and "suggested" a gift certificate from there would be wonderful for Christmas..........haha They never know what to get "MOM"..........now they do !!!!!

Archived