cold weather arrival tip...

I'm not following the logic of warming the machine. If you start it slowly then steadily increased the speed I suppose it might help, but I'm not convinced. With an engine the fluids settle and part of warming is moving them back to where they need to be. Our lubricants aren't really moved anywhere. I doubt most peoples homes or studios drop below the machines operating range, and if they did surely the requirement would be to warm the room and the machine before running it at all.

I can entirely follow the logic of oiling before starting as gravity and use may well have removed the oil from the bobbin area since you last used the machine.

Do we have an engineer who can explain it for me?

Ferret

Originally posted by Dave-Jane

Isn't vacuum the noise that is made from the quilter flying out the door to the fabric sale???--Dave B.

Okay, you guys!! Stop making fun of me!!! The studio is the ONLY structure on this property that stays CLEAN!! The pups aren't allowed inside, we don't go in and out immediately after riding, so you won't find horse poop everywhere. I love my clean studio/yurt...so there!! (Just don't look at my house;)):mad::(

When I lived in northern Iowa, we put crock pot full of water and potporie (sp!) on and let it go in the am. got things better for babies' breathing through the day. If you don't have the good stuff, just spices and a cut up apple work , almost like baking.. On really bad stretches, such as the winter when it didn't get above freezing for over 90 days :o, you need 2 batches a day, just don't let it run out of water...PS: I had a really small house (850 square feet) so this worked:P:P

Adding humidity to the air prevents a lot of static building up, keeps machines running nicely, keeps oil from drying out as badly, keeps threads from breaking too easily, makes me feel better.....It feels warmer even though the temperature is the same .......:cool:

When I tried out machines at Innovations prior to purchasing mine, I asked about the warming up procedure I should follow. I was told in the booth that warming up wasn't necessary. She said to just go for it so I never have worried about it.

My studio's heat isn't turned on until I get up here, I kinda use working at the longarm to warm ME up while I wait for the heat to get up.;)

I don't warm up my Millie. She seems to do just fine without it. Annie, I grew up in Covington, La which is just north across the causeway from N.O. My daughter graduated in May from Tulane and is still there getting her Masters degree. It is a small world.

Archived