Excited about a customer quilt.

I just called a customer to arrange returning her quilt and she has booked in another to be quilted. She was a bit nervous about the next one and started describing the pattern. Well it's only one I am planning on making for myself. I am so thrilled I will get to quilt it. She is pleased that I was familiar with the pattern sounds like a win win to me.

It's Shakespeare in the Park by Judy Martin. I wonder if doing hers will mean I don't feel the need to do mine yet or if it will make mine more urgent?

Ferret

I was not familiar with the pattern so just checked it out on Judy martins website and it is a great design, I love those kind of trailing blocks, I can just picture this in blacks and brights Ferret maybe bright batiks. Jewel tones.

Hope you are keeping well.

Is it long before this one reaches your frame???

:)

Hers will probably make it to the frame in March, I've got a lot of bookings coming up so I know i won't get much quilting done in Feb. Mine will be sometime later ;)

I have a van project to finish and another prepared and ready to go. I am finally going to have a double wedding ring for the bed. I am guessing that will take a year or so to do as I will only work on it when I am in the van.

Ferret

Hi Ferret,

A DWR sounds like a good van project. I must get one ready for when we get out and about in the campervan in the spring. We are SORN at the moment !!! I would like to piece a DWR myself, although I always seem to steer myself away from curved piecing after some disastrous drunkards path blocks in my early piecing days !!!

I have been getting lots of customer quilts too, so that is all good news for me. Although I have only really been doing pantograph work at the moment, but it suits me fine, whilst I am still learning other methods and building confidence in those areas. Am still suffering back problems from the car accident back in June, so only really quilt in fairly short periods. (Learnt the hard way !!!)

Hope you post some piccies in March of your customer quilt, and yours that follows.

:)

Archived