paper piecing block

I am looking for a semi fan block with the arc/curve over the top of the fan to paper piece. The fan spokes would be pointed at the tips and starts in the corner with 4 or 5 spokes/points evenly spaced in an arc (clear as mud?). I need one block and I saw a block that would work here on the forum ( a few days ago) in a quilt called Gummi Dots. Looked up Gummi Dots and saw it was a Judy Neimeyer(sp?) pattern and costs $18. Does anyone know of a source for creating paper piecing blocks? I don't have EQ7 and don't know if it can be done there or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and the block can be 6-8 inches.

Yes. I'm trying to think how to explain this. The design you drew is correct with one difference which we'll discuss later concerning the outer arc. With the design you drew, there is no separate blue arc; it is incorporated in the spokes. In other words, recut the spokes to cover ALL of the blue. They start in the corner, blue arc, and fan out to points. I wish I could explain this better, but you are very close.

Yes, Heidi that is what it should look like but like you said it is not pieceable. That's why I think the blue and the original gold that you did, is more fractured. Put the gold back between the spokes(makes it easier to see) and cut it in pieces to be pieced. The outer arc is one piece like you have it. Clear as mud, I know. The blue spokes are not equal in the pieces that are used to make them because the arc is incorporated, even though they look equal after they are pieced. And I think I like the 4 spokes better.

Janice,

I know what you are talking about but I'm not a paper piecer and it takes a lot for me to think that way. I keep playing with the block and try to get the foundation but it ends up crashing the program which means I'm telling it to do something that is impossible. Why don't I send you this and then you can add in whatever lines you want?

Archived