changing needles

I've been using a new needle every quilt or two (for sure if I'm doing a t-shirt quilt. Is that what I should be doing or do y'all change needles only when there are issues? If everything is quilting out nicely it seems like it's a waste to change needles.

Wait! Doesn't it depend on if you are using the titanium coated needles? I figure those last 2-3 quilts, but maybe not the regular needles??

I use the titanium ones and just had to change at the end of a T-shirt quilt because it was skipping stitches. And I started with a new needle. Only a 70" x 70" quilt.

Hi,

I change my needle on every quilt and if the thread breaks a few times then I change the needle again, as it could have gotten a burr on it. Also, if your thread starts to fray then you need to make sure your needle is straight or it may need a slight turn.

Keep On Quilting

Char

Upper Marlbor, MD :)

Originally posted by victoriasews

I can see you all cringing already when you read this. I use the titanium needles and have only changed needles 4 times since October. That's about 80 quilts. I only changed then because I felt guilty.

Hey if it works why change it! Your quilts are gorgeous so obviously it is working!!!! What kind of needles are you using?

Archived