Remember my post about the controlling hubby and the passive wife--the Zen quilt?

I delivered the quilt at my guild meeting at the first of the month--to the wife. She liked it.

I saw her again yesterday on a tour the guild arranged to the Quilt and Textile Museum here in Washington and she said her DH LOVED the quilt. I was glad it was accepted so warmly--I had my doubts and was happy when she said to bring it to guild.

I bet he got out a ruler, a level, and a micrometer to see if all vertical lines were vertical and all horizontal lines horizontal!

(several people emailed me asking for the end of this story.:P:P:P)

LOL!! :P I remember this story. Linda!!!!

SO........... now I think it has passed the perfection test. Next step? You need to enter this quilt into MQX West! Girl, you are so talented. You really should enter a quilt or two. :)

Have I told you lately that I heart you?

(well......actually the truth? I have this huge crush on Dennis-- don't tell him or I'll be super embarrassed if he finds out!) :P

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Shana

Yeah! That should make you feel great! (and relieved!:D) One of my customers brings her husband when she drops off quilts. This guy isn't controlling, but has very strong opinions. Thankfully, his ideas are usually great and I love his thread choices. He has a good eye and can recognize a panto if we've ever put it on another of her quilts! He'll say, "Lets do something different. We used that one on 'quilt name'." I think he does some wood working as a hobby. I don't think he ever measures the quilting, though!:o

Guest Linda S

LOL - I'm hoping you haven't received any calls saying it's off by an eyelash! Good grief. Most of my customers don't bring me square quilts. I think they are astonished when they get one back that is nearly there!

L

Archived