NQR Smoke

Okefenokee swamp is burning, over 39000 acres so far. The wind shifted yesterday and smoke and ash are upon us. Can barely see across the street. Staying inside, I cannot breathe outside. I am asmatic. Desperately need rain.:(

Guest Linda S

Oh dear. I can commiserate. We used to have grass field burning here and every once in a while it would blow into town. So many people would suffer. I pray you get a shift in the wind or some rain really soon.

Keep your inhaler handy. It helps to wear a filter mask if you have to be in the smoke at all. Make sure any vents bringing air in from the outside are closed (ie the fireplace flue). Do you own any room filters? They work nicely too. I have several for when my asthma acts up. I hope things clear up real soon for you.

I hope you get rain. Our swamp (The Great Dismal) is on fire

also but hasn't gotten as bad as yours. I've been to the Okefenokee when I lived in Valdosta, it's beautiful. I hope the fire isn't driving the gators into neighborhoods. Doing my rain dance and praying for you.

Patty, I feel for you. We are sharing your smoke and ash all the way here to Fernandina Beach FL. Our sky has been orange for a couple of days. This morning the air was full of smoke. I can't imagine how bad it it there. Stay safe. I know the news has said it isn't a treat to homes cause the swamp is so large even though the fire has tripled in size.

Just went outside and the Smoke Plume is now north of us!

The wind shifted this afternoon. The smoke and ash has been sent back to the swamp ( I hope). There is ash everywhere outside. The garage smells of smoke. I was finally able to get out to my studio behind the house. No smoke smell in there, I was worried about all my fabric stinking.

So many people are suffering from the tornatos and I am whining about the smoke. I am going to get a mask, thanks for the suggestion. When we were in Japan in the 60's, saw many people wearing masks because of the heavy smog.

Thanks for all your prayers.

:cool:

Patty,

I wish I could send you the 4 inches of heavy snow we just received and probably more on the way. Ugh, but it's springtime in the Rockies. It has been a terrible cold spring. Hoping our leaves will leaf out on the Aspen trees in another 1 1/2 weeks. We don't plant anything until the second week of June. Sometimes it would be nice to have 4 seasons instead of snow and 3 months of 75 degree weather.

Diana: :

Dell,

The snow is pulling the tree branchs down it is so wet. We had to build a fire again tonight in the stove. The snow just keeps a coming, but at least we don't have to worry about tornado's or floods. We are retired so it doesn't bother us to stay home and keep the home fires burning and I can quilt and do my stained glass stepping stones. I wish everyone could stay safe, there is so much going on in the world and weather wise.

Diana

Archived