Quilting and healthy lifestyle 6/18 thru 6/25

new week for me too...had the urge to make rice crispy bars...that isnt a good thing!!! So today...had oatmeal and a banana and for dinner a small soft shell with egg whites...chobonni yogurt is my next snack...think I will do the chicken slices on lettuce and lite dressing for supper...that really sounded good...

got on the treadmill once last week..plus yesterday played in a golf tournament..not a whole lot of excersise, but it is good to get outside in the fresh air...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys helped me go get back in the pool today. THANK YOU. Swam real slow for an hour but I did it.:) I love to swim but hurt my shoulder about a year ago. Time to stop letting it be an excuse for not exercising. Planning to go tomorrow morning too. But oops ate a piece of chocolate today, my kids left it sitting on the counter. Dang teenage boys can eat anything and not gain an ounce. But then again they both swim and are playing water polo this summer too.

Well, I'll see tomorrow how the past week has gone. Haven't done too bad Points wise, but my choice of foods has been worse than usual. My daughter and family, inc 4 sweet grandkids are here, so more bars, etc in the house. Did have chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream tonite . . . I weigh again tomorrow at work, will let you know how it goes. Haven't exercised all week. :-(

I lost a little from last week. I started seriously working out last night. My promise to myself is that I will squeeze in at least a 15-20 minute work out every day, along with walking. I got out the tape measure and was extremely embarrassed. Hopefully the work outs and eating sensibly will make for a much friendlier tape measure next month. Thanks to all for your support and keeping this going.

As the kids' story goes............." I think I can, I think I can..............." haha I KNOW I can do this, as I have done it. Just have to get the mindset to make it happen.

I already went online and filled out my tracker for the day and recorded my weight for the week, so I am off to a good start.

Originally posted by hmerrill

Hahahaha Linda when I read your comment "As the kids' story goes......." all I could think of was "What goes up must come down." LOL I'm doing ok with my eating until I get home in the evening. It is so hard to find the time to plan ahead. I am still having trouble fitting in exercise.

So far, my "UPs" aren't coming down very fast. ;)

Evenings are my hard time too. I'm NOT hungry, but find myself nibbling and snacking too much. TV doesn't help with all the ads for food............TV is so boring anyway. Not much on to keep my mind off food.

Good for you Sharon! I need to start planning better. I may just need to go to a WW meeting and make myself accountable! I've not done well with the exercise this week. Lisa you are right. Best to do it when you come home. I'd like to take the whole summer off just to get myself in shape. That isn't going to happen! LOL

Congrats, Sharon ! Doesn't it feel great to see those numbers go down. I NEED the WW meetings to keep myself accountable........I tried doing it on my own and it's just too easy to slip up. When I know I have to face my WW leader and that scale, I think twice about what I am doing. :)

I have fallen off the exercise, too. I just seem to find to many other things I'd rather be doing...........;)

This is going to be a rough day, as we found out last night that a good friend has liver cancer. She's only in her late 50s. She had bypass heart surgery in her 40s and was recently diagnosed with Diabetes as well. So, things aren't looking good for her. She has a very long, tough road ahead. Her DH and mine have been friends since they were boys. It would be very easy to eat myself silly today, but it is also a good wake up call to take better care of myself, get this weight off, etc. I kinow there isn't anything you can do to prevent some cancers and other health issues, but there are plenty of things we CAN control. I am also diabetic (not serious YET) and I need to lose 40#. I actually have a doctor checkup tomorrow morning. He has me coming in every 3 months to keep close check on the diabetes part. That runs on my Dad's side of the family.:(

So, I WILL NOT EAT TO CONSOLE MYSELF TODAY ! :mad::(:(:(:(:(

Have a good day everyone.

Originally posted by hmerrill

Linda,

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. How sad. You are right it is a good wake-up call and thanks for passing it onto me too! Diabetes runs on both sides of my family and I'm playing with my life if I don't get a handle on my eating. I needed that!

We all need a good kick in the pants now and then to wake us up and take better care of ourselves. We, as women, are also prone to putting other people first and we need to take care of ourselves first so we can be around to help the others !

WE CAN DO THIS !!!! ;)

Originally posted by VIVIANMABLE

We all need a good kick in the pants now and then to wake us up and take better care of ourselves. We, as women, are also prone to putting other people first and we need to take care of ourselves first so we can be around to help the others !

WE CAN DO THIS !!!! ;)

Right on, Linda! And so we can be around to QUILT! ;)

Good morning all............

My day is off to a good start...........THE SUN IS SHINING AND IT'S NOT RAINING..........:P At least for 24 hours and then the clouds/rain come back for the weekend. :(

Just back from my 3 month checkup at the doctor...........all my numbers are GOOD. Even down 5# since the last visit. He told me to keep up the good work. So, I was pleased to get some good news after the sad news about my friend yesterday.

Off to the sewing room now. Not going to the basement to run Millie...........I need to be upstairs enjoying the sunshine coming in my sewing room windows! Have a great day ! ;)

Our Guild's Country Quilt Show is tomorrow so I will need to pack the cooler with good stuff or you know what will happen. We are a small town and this is one of the big deals of the year. It is at the same time as the Crook County Roundup so the town will be full of people and extra temptations. All of the action includes the quilt show, a rodeo, classic car show, country dance after the rodeo every night. Yes we are country and we know how to have a YEE HAW good time.

Sounds like a great time to me ! We have our quilt show during our County Fair - on the Fairgrounds - so there are all those "smells" floating around..........funnel cakes, corn dogs, etc. There is a church tent near our building that serves steamed beefburgers, so I usually head over there. BUT, I do have a least 1 funnel cake during the 5 days we are there. I'll work hard enough setting up the quilt show to burn off some of the funnel cake. Ours starts July 19th. ;););)

After spending the last 2 months with something scheduled almost daily after work and on weekends with the grandkids etc. it's time for me to get back on track. You are all helping me do that by reading your comments.

I started walking on my eliptical yesterday morning and had and more energy all day, did 30 sit-ups on my exercise ball this am, have the frig and pantry down to healthy foods and a grocery list reflecting that as well so I don't just stop and pick something up at the store on the way home from work. I also bought a scale last night, do not want to get on it though! Docs say I need to lose 40 pounds and exercise so I'm nicer to my knee that's heading toward a replacement. They say if I'm good I have a chance to avoid that. :P

Archived