Advice pls on 1999 Ult 1 for sale near me

This may be a great starting point for me....1999 Ult 1 - Hand Guided System, 12' long table and rail system (looks wooden in the picture), Hartley Fence (never used by owner) bobbin winder and numerous panto patterns etc. Asking 5,000.

I have talked to her and besides being well maintained, she replaced the hook, bought new bushings for the machine (although it does not need it) and has a few spare wheels.

I have read all the recent posts (from last 3 months).

From what I have read, I think I can add the M & M wheels, the Circle Lord or quilt a zoid; am I right?

How much approx. would a stitch regulator cost to add on? computerize it? Can the Bliss Drive be added?

Your help and any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!

Donna

You can certainly add an Intelliquilter to an Ult. 1. The price, installed, is $12,500. In fact, the owner of Intelliquilter has one of his systems mounted on an Ultimate at his studio!

I know others have added a stitch regulator to theirs. I don't know how much those are. Take a look at Intellistitch as it is a highly respected after market stitch regulator.

You are on the right track about adding new wheels. A machine that old would benefit from brand new wheels.

You should be able to add Bliss ($3,000) on the wooden table.

Have fun!

I have Intelistitch regulator on my ULT11, I purchased it that way. It is my understanding to put one on would be about $3,000. I also have a wood table and was told that I could not add a bliss system to the wood table??? now confused about that:o

Originally posted by mamu

I have Intelistitch regulator on my ULT11, I purchased it that way. It is my understanding to put one on would be about $3,000. I also have a wood table and was told that I could not add a bliss system to the wood table??? now confused about that:o

Give APQS a call. They know WAY more about the old wooden tables then I do, for sure!

Donna

The Ultimate 1 is a sweet machine. We have one and will be adding the Intelliquilter in a few weeks. If you think you want a stitch regulator I would look at the APQS certified used machines. You can have a Green Lucey with one year warranty and a new table for about $9,000 (basicaly an U1 with stich regulator). Call APQS and discuss your options with them, find out how much they would give if you trade the head in for something stitch regulated down the road. That will give you a better idea of what That U1 is worth.

Nigel

Thanks for all your advice; I phoned Circle Lord and it will fit on the Ult. 1. I also talked to a lady that knew the machine I was interested in and gently suggested that although it was well maintained, this was a very... used machine. Not that it matters, but pricewise my top offer will be 3,500 which gives me room to replace things like perhaps....a motor.

It's nice to not be in a hurry because I did notice the 2007 Liberty for sale and hubby & I will be driving to visit his mom in Manitoba end of June! I just need to make sure it is CSA approved or it may not be able to cross the border.

Keep the comments coming, I am soaking them all in!

Donna

Hi Donna,

With regards to the CSA rating, don't be concerned about that as far as getting it into Canada is concerned. I've imported many NON-CSA machines. The only concern you would have is if your insurance company wouldn't insure it. I've never had a problem with that either. The only comment I got was that IF it was in a store front, it would need to be CSA rated.

Hi Donna,

Is it an U-I or an U-II?? The U-I is the 26" throated machine and the U-II is 20" so smaller. The only reason I ask is if it is an U-I with a wooden table frame, we stopped making that frame for the U-I in 1989 not 1999. The U-II has a wooden frame and we manufactured that machine from 1993-2003 and no the Bliss can not be added to a wooden table frame. Give us a call if you have any other questions. :)

Take care,

Also IQ isn't installed on Wooden Tables to my understanding. Something to consider if that is in your future at all. You will be best served with newer APQS table (alluminum). I just recently sold my Ultimate I and let me tell you it was a workhorse. I loved that machine. I did have the single stitch. I loved to freehand with it. It was light as a feather but still gave me the larger throat. Hopefully you can negotiate just a bit lower price on it too.

If it is the Ultimate I I have a 10 foot (Leaders are 95") NEW table for sale for $2,000.00 Only used twice. New and in the box. Would fit the Ultimate I but NOT the Ultimate II.(too small).

Good luck.

Grammie Tammie

Thanks Darlene, it was so nice talking to you on the phone last night; you are a wealth of knowledge and gave me so much to think about. In particular, the customs/brokerage and shipping info really took away a lot of my hesitations.

Mark, thanks for your response. I did clarify with the owner the frame has steel rails on an aluminum bed (from the photo it was really hard to tell). I spoke with you on the phone last week too (about another posting) and you shared your story about the Ultima 1 with Serial Number 1 that came into the shop for a thorough going over!

Thanks Tammie & Nigel for your advice!

One thing I'm learning is to do my homework and talk to as many people as I can. It really broadens the thinking! I get to look and test drive the machine either on Friday or Tuesday. It's very clear, the owner loves her machine!

Donna

Originally posted by mestuart

Hi Donna, Have you ever ran a quilting machine? I live in Williams Lake, if you ever want to come see my machine ( I have an A-! ) and run it, call me, I also know a lady who has an APQS. Marion 250 392-4096

Hi Marion, I wouldn't call it a "quilting machine" but I currently have a Jonome 1600P on a 10' Proflex superquilter frame that I am using. LOL :D It's frustrating having a 6" space that quickly diminishes to 3" when quilting. I have an appointment with my APQS rep in Kamloops and will be trying her machine. Carole has been very very helpful!

Archived