3 spool thread holder?

okay, so i see this advertised....it's a gadet to hold three spools of thread

http://www.3dthreader.com/

it allows you to use three threads at once to "create the perfect variegated color thread"

okay, i'm curious and go take a look at the website....it costs as much as a rulermate base!!!!

is anyone thinking what i'm thinking? that a board with three nails would basically do the same thing :P

I use 2 "same" colored threads quite often especially on FolkArt, kids or Flannel quilts with 8spi and a 4.0 or 4.5 needle without a problem. Looks super cool on some applications. Using 2 "different" colored threads looks pretty darn ugly usually though. Meandering or loose style designs work out and look the best.

Also using 2 strands of Glide or Metro threads to randomly stitch out or accent a few feathers plumbs or flower blooms here and there also looks nice as does the Piano keys on borders. Don't want to overdo it, but a little double threads sometimes can really make an area pop.

Terry

Guest Linda S

I do some art quilting, but you couldn't get me to quilt with three threads at a time anyway. The only time I use that many simultaneously is on my serger.

I would think if the thread is pulling straight up the cone and through the thread guides, it should work. We tried using 2 spools together on my machine and I didn't have the side spool attachment, so we rigged up a small screw driver taped on the top of my Millie and it worked good. Maybe it didn't look pretty, but it worked.

Shannon, try it and let us know how you do. I'm sure it will work.

I saw this attachment at their booth in the MN Quilt Show. It is a good product, but since I already have both the Hartley horizontal and vertical spool holders, I don't need it. I'm wondering if perhaps some of the other machine brands don't have a flat space to put the Hartley spool holders on top of their machine, so this thread holder works for those brands by replacing the single spool holder in the back.

Archived