applique quilt update New photo

Originally posted by Antoinette

Every one here brings great things to the table. We love seeing all of it. Looks great and from what I know about the quilters (guys and gals) no one is so big they don't want to play with the rest of us. This is a great, excuse me, GREAT forum

You are so right, I love seeing everyones work, I have so much to learn, so glad we are here to help each other.

Originally posted by Busy Quilting

Penny was this hand or machine applique?

Lyn

Lyn, This was all machine applique. I use freezer paper, a glue stick (the kind that wash out) and finger power to make my templates. All the raw edges have been turned under just like you would with needle turn applique. I even lightly glue the applique pieces in place. I do not satin stitch around the pieces, I zig zag using a very tiny stitch and clear thread. I know there is a huge debate about using the mono/poly clear thread. So, I've done some of my own testing and have no fears about using either.

I have only been appliquing for about a year. Up until finding this method of applique I would avoid it like the plague. But, as you can see I now enjoy it a lot!

Hope this helps and if you have any more questions please feel free to ask.

Archived