What have you quilted into the quilt?

i;ve quilte the 'usual' suspects into quilts...

but the two most unusal:

-a qtip (they beard something awful :P )

-a masking tape 'label' the customer used to mark the top edge of her quilt. took me a couple of minutes to realize what the weird pop pop noise was....

don't tell anyone :D

OMG !! :o This is my worst nightmare I hope never happens.

I am super duper extremely careful about laying ANYTHING down on the quilt top while I'm at the machine. I feel weird if I even set my scissors down on the top for even a second... I try to put my scissors back immediately in its special spot after handling. I set my rulers, pins, seam ripper, etc. and other things immediately on the table behind me... I got in that habit doing this a long time ago. So, that said, to date (3+ years) I have not quilted anything into the quilt. I hope I never do.

a pin in a raffle quilt for a guild. it was found while putting the binding on--not by me. Had to frog and re-quilt a tiny section. Luckily it was found before the raffle and we all had a good laugh about losing stuff in quilt.

also quilted in my seam ripper but found it pretty quick so it didn't get to the customer and it wasn't a major ripping job. Try to keep track of stuff a lot better ever since.

The usual suspects :P:P--seam ripper,etc, but since I now fully float all tops, there is less chance of quilting a foreign object in between the layers.

The worse thing I ever quilted "into" a quilt was a Frankenstein batt made of not only different brands of batting, but both cotton and poly. The batting was pieced with a big zigzag stitch in orange thread. And one piece of cotton batting in the group was black with dog hair. Can you all say "yuck" with me? The top was thin cotton which allowed the orange thread to show through--what a disaster! And she loved it.........But it still makes me shudder.:o

Archived