A Big Move

Dory I am glad that you will have warmer weather and get to keep the ponies too. I know you will love it. Congratualations.

Linda almost took a picture of Rock Hill sign as I drove thru on 77, but was on phone and driving and couldnt take a picture as well.

Came home from our daughters today and had to leave that sweet little baby girl, :mad::mad::mad::(:(

I just noticed...Linda, Lynda and Linda...do I have to change my name to become a Moxie??:D:P

Thanks everyone. We are really looking forward to the temperate climate. It gets so hot and so cold here, that it will be nice to be in the middle. Our last trip up, we were there for the longest dry spell ever. It was too hot!!! Although Dennis loved that he got to ride his Harley ever day.

I'm definitely up for a Moxie meeting and can't wait to meet all the people that live in that area.

Connie, if you want to move and can do it financially, then I say "go for it." One of the things that has us doing it is that we're afraid if we wait, it will be too late.

Lynda, I love being in the yurt with the fire going when its storming outside. The yurt will have 5 windows and the window in the door, plus the top is a big skylight. Listening to the weather is so neat when you're all warm and toasty inside!! Plus, with this yurt being all mine, I can do whatever I want in there and not be in Dennis' way and vice versa! FUN!!!

Originally posted by dmilner

How does one get to be a Moxie? I am about a 5.5hr drive north of Seattle,WA.

You attend a meeting and you are automatically a Moxie!

Bonnie Botts is a Moxie. Mary Beth is one. Myrna is one. Shannon is one by osmosis--she didn't attend a formal meeting but taught a group of Moxies last year--and she has my Moxie hat! Those are our long-distance members--I'm sure I missed someone...

Most meetings are in the Portland area, but they are gracious to come 120 miles north to my house in Olympia at least once a year.

I too am from sunny CA but have lived in OR 22 years. I love the seasons. It has just turned to fall and am loving the gray the coziness of it. I too am a moxie and occasionally host everyone.

Hint: they know your new if you use an umbrella and you tailgate. Tailgating in the rain is not such a good idea. (body shops love it though) Umbrellas I haven't a clue, I wear a rain hat

When and where is the next Moxie meeting?

Melora

Melora, as I've gotten older, I've learned that tailgating is just not a smart way to drive. Plus, those darn Staters love to give tickets and since I don't know any of them in WA like I do here, I drive much more sensibly!

I do own an umbrella...not sure where it is though:P

I will post pics Marilyn.

Archived