MQS 2007

birgitquilts

Hi everybody,

I'm seriously planing to attend the MQS event in 2007.

Although I know that most of you are still recovering from the Houston experience, I think I need to get going on my MQS plans. As I'll be traveling from Germany, my plane ticket is an expensive thing on its own.

What I'm looking for is a place to spend the nights that doesn't cost an arm and a leg - shared hotel room or private accomodation come to mind.

If there's anybody out there who could help, you are welcome to either answer here , send an U2U or email me.

Thanks bunches,

Birgit

Birgit

I usually only lurk in the shadows here. I have had my machine 2 1/2 years and love it. I too, am excited about MQS. I was thrilled when the dates of the show were changed to June because I can spend more time volunteering, shopping, and taking classes.

I live 30 minutes south of KC. Check out this site http://www.hotel-rates.com/us/kansas/overland-park/ for affordable accomodations.

A couple of months ago I signed my contract to teach 2 classes at MQS. By trade I have been a Geometry teacher for many years, but teaching quilting is something I can get truly excited about. I will be teaching Men of the Cloth 1 and 2, freehand masculine quilting designs.

Hope to see you at the Show

Don

The Last Stitch

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Birguit,

Elly Prins and I are going to the MQS 2007 too, we have booked a room at the Sheraton Hotel, which is connected to the convention centre where the show and classes are held. If you book a room, you will get the rate for the MQS Group, I don't know if this is for non-members of the IMQA too, but we both are a member. Then the price per night is $ 119,00 + taxes etc. so this is great ( we have a room for two persons, I don't know what they will charge for a singel persons room ), concider being so close - almost ?t the show, there is no waste in time for travelling to the show - just walking - and no taxi fee.

I have booked the hotel room by clicking on the Sheraton Hotel link at the website of IMQA, and the booking was done in no time. I have my confirmation and booked the room for 5 nights. We will arrive wednesday, and will be the full 4 days at the show.

We have booked already, also our flight, so we are sure we both will attend the show, and cannot wait to be there...

I have received my catalog last week, Elly has to reveive hers - she just joined the IMQA last week - and we hope to attend a lot of classes, and meet many quilters.

I hope to meet you there again too!

Sylvia Kaptein

Sylka-Mode

www.sylkamode.com

Last year we stayed at the Holiday Inn. Not quite as expense as the host hotel, but not cheap. It is about a city block away, so with in walking distance to take your shopping treasures back to your room! There is a "room mate" co ordinator that will help you locate someone to share a room....it is in the catalog.

I got mine yesterday.....I don't think I will be able to attend this year, but there are so many classes that I want.....need to look at my schedule again to see if maybe I can work it out.

Cheryl in Iowa

Birgit,

I live about 45 minutes away from Overland Park, in Kansas City, Missouri. If you need to save $ or just want a comfy room, we have an extra room with a king size bed that you could use. The only drawback is that you'd have to share the bathroom (newly remodeled) with our 25 year old daughter! If you are interested, email me.

• 1 month later...

First of all: Happy New Year to all of you! May all your dreams come true.

To help one of my dreams come true, I finally did it and just booked my flight and hotel room to attend MQS!

Provided everything goes as planned, I should arrive in the late afternoon of June 5th and will leave again on Sunday, June 10th.

I'll finalize and fax my classes list tonight.

I'm so much looking forward to this trip and meeting all (?) of you there...

Take care everybody,

Birgit

• 1 month later...

Archived