Missing, possibly stolen quilt...

Hi Ladies, just passing this along from another quilting friend who's not on out chat...

Please pass the word!

Dear Quilting Friends,

I am writing on behalf of my friend, Sharon Schlozhauer. Her quilt, “Really ‘Wild’ Flowers! Second Season”, went missing after the Houston Quilt Festival closed, most likely on Monday, Nov. 7. I'm sure we can only imagine Sharon's heartbreak over loosing this amazing prize winning quilt.

The quilt is 62" x 64.5".

Perhaps if the quilting community reaches out through their contacts, the quilt can be recovered. If you have any information that might help in finding Sharon's quilt, relay the information to Sharon at her email address: myfaithfirst@comcast.net.

If you would like to see some of Sharon's other amazing work, go to her web site:

http://www.sharonlschlotzhauer.com

Thank you for your help,

and

Merry Christmas!

Cheryl Phillips

www.phillipsfiberart.com

and the picture of the quilt!

post--13461907709374_thumb.jpg

That's awful !!!! What does the Houston Show say about this? Aren't they responsible for the quilts there?

My group had a similar experience. We were asked to make a raffle quilt for a local battered women's shelter . We made the quilt and it was beautiful..........we worked really hard on it............then we get a call from the woman in charge telling us the quilt had been stolen. They put it in a closet until time for the raffle and it went missing. We all were a little suspicious about the whole thing, as they wouldn't call the police or post a picture in the paper or anything. They had the gall to ask us to make another one ! We did, but we made them pay for the materials and it wasn't nearly as pretty as the first one because we were short on time to get it done. We have been leary about donating anything of value to them since. Too many unanswered questions there..........???:(

This is truely sad! I too hope that it is just a mix up, and that whoever received the quilt in error will be in touch with someone to get it to its rightful owner.

I just have a hard time believing that anyone in the quilt community would steal the quilt......but then I know that is naive thinking....

Our art quilt guild had a show at our main library downtown. They placed security sensor strips inside the sleeves of the quilts so if someone tried to take them out any of the main doors, they would alarm. I guess it would not help if an employee took it out a side door, but it helped make the members more comfortable about the venue.

Archived