photo sharing

I'm wondering what online photo sharing you use to post pictures here on the forum. In the past I've used webshots and I simply copy the link and it uploads the picture. I tried Flicker but I can't figure out how to get the actual photo to show, only the URL shows. What storage locations are you using that allows you to upload to here easily? I really like webshots and uploading to here but I've heard one too many people get a virus from their site that now I'm afraid of it.

Heidi, I use Flickr....I know some of you know the basics of how to do this but for those who don't...here is a brief intro....don't mean to patronise....

First of all open a topic or reply post on the APQS forum...type your message and click in the position where you would like your photo to appear

Then open a new page on your browser and go to your Flickr account.... with your photo open in the main photo pane click on the share button (above middle), this will window open automatically....make sure the BBcode radio button is highlighted (below left) and choose the 640 size for your photo, (we always need a smaller size for the APQS forum) and right click on the actual code then click copy and come back to your APQS forum post and click paste..... Voila

HTH

post--13461907883678_thumb.jpg

I use Webshots, too, but have not heard of any problems with virus. I only post on here and not on a blog or other website. Maybe the posts on blogs and other websites makes us more suseptible to those darn virus ??? I don't know.

Kay, I will keep your instructions as well. Thanks !

Originally posted by chrisquilter

All my photos are Picasa now and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get them to the forum. Anyone use Picasa?

I use Picasa also. It's so easy for my blog, but couldn't find a way to post Picasa picts here either. So I resurrected an old webshots account and will transfer only the photos I will use on the forum. I quit Webshots years ago because I thought it was cumbersome and the advertisements were annoying.

I couldn't get them to post from my computer either.

I just use the pictures that I have downloaded onto my computer. It's just in 'My Pictures' . I don't use any outside site to download my pics onto here or FB. I do have my pics on Snapfish. Now when I put up a new "profle" picture on here, the only way it will let me is to get it off of Snapfis.

I use Picasa all the time. It's really easy. Select the picture you want, then look at the bottom of your screen and click on the export button. A window will come up and asks you what size you want to picture, I always coose medium. Click ok.

THe picture will show up in your Picasa Export file in your MY Documents folder.

When you post on the forum, you just browse to the Export file in the My Documents folder and chose the one you want to post. Its really easy.

• 4 weeks later...

It's amazing how different people are told different thing.

My computer repair said to get picts transfered to another, he recommended Flicker, and to use Flicker, as it is easy and far safer, not from a virus, but from picts getting mushed up.

I thought the mush was just me.

Archived