Arizona Blizzard

Ha...after a wonderful mild winter we have a blizzard warning. Of course, the height of it will be on Wednesday morning when I am trying to fly to AZ from Fargo ND. The trip to AZ is to visit my "snowbird parents" and to take 3 days of classes from DeLoa Jones. Here's hoping that the storm isn't as bad as what they say and that I get there in time to "quilt me some feathers" and more!

I'm for leaving early also if you can get the flight changed. Today they said Fargo us expecting 2-3 feet. Which could turn to nothing or be the blizzard of the century.

Yes it does snow in the higher elevations of Arizonia but this storm is for the Midwest of which the flight leaves from.

Last year we towed our trailer to Phoenix right after Christmas hoping for some warm weather. There was a storm in Kingman that closed the freeway. It was snowing in Phoenix when we got there! Coldest winter on record! It doesn't usually stick for long and it is a sight to behold.

We don't really get snow in Phoenix...IF and it is a RARE IF we get any flakes, they melt before they hit the ground or within seconds of landing. Flagstaff and Prescott do get snow however...I am going to 2 of the 3 days, Charlotte --and trust me you don't have anything to worry about -- if it is "cold" as they are predicting -- it might be as low as 65 during the day. --- compared to the area you are coming from...it will be warm and you will be laughing at the AZ folks in sweaters.

I was trying to be "cutesy" with my Subject line...I'm not worried at all about the Arizona weather...but in order to get there to enjoy it (and take my class), I need to fly out of a potential foot of new snow with raging winds. Have not been able to change the flight yet. Right now it's sunny and lovely outside. Stay tuned!!

Archived