Now I haven't got the hump.....Line Tamer ????

Linda/VivianMable, or anyone else who has this Ruler.

I have the Line Tamer ruler for adding bindings and doing ditch work but mine hangs up on my hopping foot when using horizontally for the top and bottom binding, Linda, I'm guessing yours doesn't do that?

I checked the measurement of the groove and it is the bigger size needed for our APQS foot.

Maybe I need to file off the some of the solder/weld on my hopping foot, does anyone else have a problem with this ruler?

Update....

OK, I got rid of my hump and now can use my Line Tamer from North to South and West to East, East to West and South to North and....drum roll.... please diagonally too!

Another big, big plus....I can also use my Deloa's Appliguide too!

Thanks Hiedi for giving me permisssion...lol....

I used a round hand file, (just to smooth off the weld a bit not reshape the foot), I put a rotary cutting mat under my hopping foot to protect my Rulermate and in no time at all it was sorted....after all this time!

Hi.

I have the Line Tamer (if I can toot my own horn a bit, I can say I won the contest to name it!!), and find it rides along the edge of my hopping foot with out trouble. I have the Liberty but the HF should be the same standard on your Milly.

I do not do bindings on the LA - yet - but do not think it should matter what angle you are stitching, if held right, it should be fine. It may be more that your hands are not holding it flat...as you go left to right.

Are you holding the closed end in the direction you are sewing to? Some times the odd hand positions make it tough to hold evenly and flat.

Good luck!

My hands are holding it flat, and if I didn't it would lift with the hopping foot for sure, it's fine in the vertical north to south orientation, I've had this ruler along time and keep trying it. My hopping foot seems to have a blob solder/weld on the back of it maybe I'll just try and smooth it off some!

Kay, it's not just you or your machine. Mine does the same thing on my 2007 Freedom and I remember others who have mentioned this also. A while back there was some discussion about some of the feet not being machined so that the needle is dead center. My line tamer works great going forward or backwards, but side to side, it gets stuck in the tool. I should just have my husband file the back of the foot, but haven't yet. Guess I just got it in my head that I shouldn't have to do this. Eventually I'd like to get the new feet.

OK, I got rid of my hump and now can use my Line Tamer from North to South and West to East, East to West and South to North and....drum roll.... please diagonally too!

Another big, big plus....I can also use my Deloa's Appliguide too!

Thanks Hiedi for giving me permission....lol....

I used a round hand file, (just to smooth off the weld a bit not reshape the foot), put a rotary cutting mat under my hopping foot to protect my Rulermate and in no time at all it was sorted....after all this time!

I purchased the Line Tamer when I first got my Millie, had the same problem. I called & they told me it was actually designed for the Gammill; their hopping foot is round, ours are slightly oblong. They did say it would be OK to shave a bit off the plastic, but I was afraid that would make it too loose so I just don't use it anymore.

Archived