When it rains it pours

When we arrived home Sun. nite we realized my son's car had been stolen. It was a gem-1997 Buick Skylark, w/dented hood (hit too many deer and turkeys), brakes that jerked like crazy, filthy and hubcapless. Cops said they'd find it within a week. Took one day. The thief abandoned it in someone's driveway and it was towed. Cost $150 to get it out of impound lot only to discover his cd/radio was stolen as well as all of his graffiti art books and paints and they damaged the struts and tore off the mirror when they sideswiped something. Kids were sick all week w/high fevers. Note to self-never feel comfortable that all is going well!!!

so sad.... :( I had my vehicle broken into in 1992. I wasn't really mad that they stole my stereo system, but what made me mad was they broke my window to get in and screwed up my door panels trying to rip out the speakers in the doors... (which they did not get...thanks to hubby's good install with long screws!) :P They did steal the woofers though... which were not mounted.Oh and they tried to steal the amplifier bolted to the frame under the driver's seat but could not remove it due to DH's extremely long scews down into the frame... LOL! :P I'm glad that DH brought in our entire CD collection into the hotel room otherwise they would have made off with some great music... :cool:

Note to thieves: If you want to take anything be my guest but don't mess up my truck doing it.

I had to take a shower after realizing I was a victim. It really messed with my head that someone ripped me off like that.

Again so sorry the thieves stole the artwork and paints. That is a bummer.

Marie, I hope your grandkiddos get over their fevers soon. Bless you....

Originally posted by quiltmonkey

I had to take a shower after realizing I was a victim. It really messed with my head that someone ripped me off like that.

It really does mess with your head, even when it isn't a physical violation. When I was single with my little girl, we had a break-in in our garage. Luckily, they only stole the stereo (and apparently didn't like my choice of CDs LOL). They didn't not come into the house (the garage door was unlocked). I was terrified after that, living alone with my baby, so I bought a gun.

Fast forward about 15 years, after I remarried, I was on the couch late one night because I couldn't sleep. Someone was trying to get into our house via the front door and then the living room window. Scared me to death and I could only think to call 9-1-1 instead of waking DH and getting the gun. The police found the guy passed out in the neighbor's lawn. Guess he couldn't remember where he lived.

Fast forward another five years, Sunday morning a man was stabbed 3 blocks away and jumped the fence into our backyard, went into our brand new trailer and bled all over ($3500 in damages). The police and their dogs followed his blood trail and were banging on our front door at 7:30 a.m. wanting to search our yard. The trailer was locked and we never lock it, so we knew the guy was in there. Very scary. My parents visited us the weekend before and stayed in our trailer. Thank God the guy didn't visit us the weekend before.

These incidents make me a true believer in Smith and Wesson!!!

I feel for you all - when I was a part-time teller when I lived in Ketchikan, I was robbed. It was the first robbery in 25 years on the island and I couldn't believe I was the teller he chose to rob. It does mess with your head and I could no longer work there as every person that came in wearing sunglasses (remember it rains 12 ft per year there) or a coat with his hands in the pockets(yes it was Alaska and cold too) - I found something else to do and let someone else wait on them. This man ended up not even serving jail time - thanks to a judge in Anchorage who said the man was just looking for shelter and medical care and I was the one who had issues?????? I had enough and said I was done with working in banks!

Marie - ditto what Heidi said, you are all going to be o.k.

Bonnie - how awful for you (locking the trailer from now on)? I feel so bad for anyone who is an innocent victim of a crime (we have been too)! It's getting tougher to be the victim when you feel like you have no rights and the criminals' seem to receive very little consequence!

I was mugged once. Needless to say, the guy made me so mad I saw red, fought him and beat him so bad they were looking for him at the hospitals. He was bigger than me and trying to hurt me, so the fight was on. I'm not a very good victim. He didn't get my purse, money or anything else. Someone breaking into my house.....let's just say I can protect myself. I work hard for what I have and someone isn't going to get it without a fight. Now if I'm not home, just don't damage what you don't want. But beware if I catch you....we'll have....er...words!

Originally posted by Bonnie H

.....These incidents make me a true believer in Smith and Wesson!!!

LOL! :P Well, I don't really own a gun but I did shoot a variety of them, including a 9mm, 38 smith & wesson. 44 mag and another one (I don't remember what it was) and out of all of them, I liked the grip of the 38 and how it felt in my palm. If down the road, I need a pistol I'll probably get me a 38. But regardless of that, I need to take lessons on how to shoot and clean a gun. ;)

Originally posted by Primitive1

...This man ended up not even serving jail time - thanks to a judge in Anchorage who said the man was just looking for shelter and medical care..

Unfortunately, our courts of law in Alaska tend to be very liberal in the decisions and handing out sentences... :mad:

Originally posted by Merryjo2003

...But beware if I catch you....we'll have....er...words!

Merryjo... You go girl. Considering your career as a LEO, I pity the fool that messes with you!

Marie, hug those kiddos... get well soon!

Archived