Last Quilt of the Year

Yippee!! Can you see me doing a happy dance??:):P:D:)

The last "emergency" is finished....Now I can relax. I delivered it last night - like a 5' 11" elf :) There were lots of problems, mainly, this was the customers first quilt she has ever done - (wish I could applique like that) - and there were some bias - stretchy edges...I showed them to her and told her I tried everything...she was okay with it and said it was her fault. She is working on a quilt now and when she finishes says she will give me a call. Yippee, another repeat customer.

Mary Beth, that is a beautiful quilt! You did an awesome job on the quilting. Just lovely!

The applique is very nicely done, but I am intrigued by the sashing on this quilt. It is very interesting to me. I was looking close at your photos (while admiring your beautiful quilting work) and it looks like the four patches in the center sashings are set in seams? Hmmm... Very pretty. How day do daaat? Please tell.

Thanks for sharing!

Shana

Thank you all for your nice comments. This was the second quilt I have done for her that was pieced pretty much the same way, so I already knew, since I was on a time crunch that she was getting the same quilting in various places. Since the two quilts were going to two different grandsons I thought it would be okay. The major problem was the bias edges. You might have noticed the blocks set on point and the triangular shapes in the sashing - whew - that caused a little grief. And since this was her first quilt her borders where a little full. I would think between the full borders and the bias edges - let's just say it was a hoot to quilt.

My customer says she is sick of doing applique and wants to attempt strip piecing. She took an advanced class and ruined a lot of fabic. I felt so bad for her and she is around 80 years old. I am thinking of volunteering some time to go help her learn to strip piece, otherwise she is going to go the old fashioned way....I cannot imagine!!

Linda,

I forgot to answer your question. No I don't know how many hours I have in it, however, I used a stencil in the 4 patch, just did that little feather in the diamond, outlined the applique and then (I tried crosshatching but had to rip it out) meander, so really it didn't take that long. I work part-time so it was kind of off and on.

Archived