Need design ideas

Vicki,

What about if you did a lizard design in the light green area. I think there is a pattern board out there but if you made as stencil and just chained it around the quilt it would probably look really coo. I would do piano keys or large stipple in the lizzard border and SID the light fabric and cc the squares on point.

I'd straight line stitch vertically, thru that aqua part.

Do a "sea grass" the pointed leaves thing thru the 4 aqua rectangles in the blocks.

Something swirley in the brownish design.

Maybe a simple spiral in the center black lizzard block. Then you can spiral the black border as well, to match!

CC those diamond rows!

Originally posted by SheriB

I'd straight line stitch vertically, thru that aqua part.

Do a "sea grass" the pointed leaves thing thru the 4 aqua rectangles in the blocks.

Something swirley in the brownish design.

Maybe a simple spiral in the center black lizzard block. Then you can spiral the black border as well, to match!

CC those diamond rows!

These ideas sound wonderful, Sherri. Any chance you can do a simple drawing for me? I'm a visual person. TIA!

Sorry, I have a pinched nerve in my R shoulder/arm and on meds right now, so my drawings are not the best. Plus, i quilt better than i draw!

Anyway, since your pics where the sawgrass stuff goes are small, i just used one of your pics and drew the best i could off to the side.

So, here's pic 1

post--13461908745127_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by SheriB

Sorry, I have a pinched nerve in my R shoulder/arm and on meds right now, so my drawings are not the best. Plus, i quilt better than i draw!

Anyway, since your pics where the sawgrass stuff goes are small, i just used one of your pics and drew the best i could off to the side.

So, here's pic 1

Wonderful, Sheri! Thanks a bunch! Now I see what you had in mind!!

Archived