NQR - Heidi, how is your mom doing?

Heidi,

I understand where you are with your mother. My prayers and thoughts are with you all. As you tell everyone here One Day At A Time and remember - we are all here to support you and prayer with you. Hope you get to go and relax tomorrow in your studio. It is funny how being in that room although the work is stressful, it is also so calming and comforting. Hang in there.

Hey Heidi,

I haven't been on the forum much lately, with work and quilting, but I try to read it as often as I can. I just wanted to let you know I feel for you! My DH had open heart surgery 2 years ago. It's a slow healing time. They feel pretty good one day, then crappy the next. I don't know about the shortness of breath, but when they release her for cardiac rehab, make sure she completes the program. It made a world of difference for my DH!! Good luck to you.

Originally posted by quilted charm

Hey Heidi,

I haven't been on the forum much lately, with work and quilting, but I try to read it as often as I can. I just wanted to let you know I feel for you! My DH had open heart surgery 2 years ago. It's a slow healing time. They feel pretty good one day, then crappy the next. I don't know about the shortness of breath, but when they release her for cardiac rehab, make sure she completes the program. It made a world of difference for my DH!! Good luck to you.

Leslie they didn't put her in cardiac rehab. They said she didn't meet the criteria so they sent her home. I tried with all my might to make it happen but couldn't. She does have PT and home nursing visiting 2 times a week.

Wow, Heidi! "It just goes to show, it's always something!". Praying as always, but maybe I should have been more specific about your husband. As in "please don't let him go blind.". Hope your Mom is better every day, I know all this gets old for her, too!

Laughing at all the nekkid stories! You have no idea how I dread these things! My mother and I live together!

I'm relatively new to this forum and so happy to have all of you. The laughs are great. Hospital story from me; my late husband was in the hospital recovering from open heart surgery. The nurse gave him permission to stand by the sink, brush his teeth and wash up. While standing there, he asked me to "Please hand me a wash cloth so I can wash my 'used to be privates'. Funny to me!

Originally posted by CiCi

I'm relatively new to this forum and so happy to have all of you. The laughs are great. Hospital story from me; my late husband was in the hospital recovering from open heart surgery. The nurse gave him permission to stand by the sink, brush his teeth and wash up. While standing there, he asked me to "Please hand me a wash cloth so I can wash my 'used to be privates'. Funny to me!

LOL I think that is funny too!

Mom is doing pretty good. We are working on the walking which she doesn't want to do because it is too hot. Tonight she actually asked me about walking so maybe she is turning the corner. The walking is good to get the air moving in her lungs and hopeuflly will get everything moving again. She has done really well yesterday and today, although she is way more tired than she thinks she should be. LOL she is only 2 1/2 weeks post op. Mind you she is not taking any naps either. She is so opposite my MIL. My MIL would still be in bed thinking we should wait on her hand and foot. Mom doesn't complain too much which is good. There is no way I could ever live my mother. 1 week almost did me in. Lets just say she isn't the type to let you have a mind of your own and she thinks she is helping by telling you what to do and when to do it. I'm way too old for that and not appreciative of it either.

Yesterday I had planned on quilting all day. It was my first day with nobody else (besides hubby) relying on me and I had planned to spend it quietly in my studio. Well the night before I cut my cornea with my mascara wand. I ended up calling my eye dr. yesterday morning because the pain was so bad. He was fantastic and called in 2 scripts for me. It is feeling so much better today. Thankfully it will heal. Unfortunately I didn't get any quilting in. Oh well. I think I've hit my 3's x 3's x 3's. I'm hoping I'm done!

Heidi go easy on the mascara, too hard to quilt with only 1 eye!

Glad to hear your Mums on the mend, sounds like you need as much of a rest as she does, it's very hard to have a "bossy" Mum under the same roof, I could handle mine for a few days and luckily she was never sick at those times.

Even so, I would happily put up with it just to have her back..

Hang in there girl.

Originally posted by hmerrill

There is no way I could ever live my mother. 1 week almost did me in. Lets just say she isn't the type to let you have a mind of your own and she thinks she is helping by telling you what to do and when to do it. I'm way too old for that and not appreciative of it either.

Exactly! May be our Mom's are clones?

Originally posted by kennan100

Originally posted by hmerrill

There is no way I could ever live my mother. 1 week almost did me in. Lets just say she isn't the type to let you have a mind of your own and she thinks she is helping by telling you what to do and when to do it. I'm way too old for that and not appreciative of it either.

Exactly! May be our Mom's are clones?

Holy cow you have been living with your mom for a long time. I would not have made it that long or she wouldn't have made it that long! LOL

Heidi - I'm so glad your mom is doing better. It's so difficult to see parents age. You're a gem caring for her. I don't know how you did it with your MIL! You are a saint!

Enjoy your time with her. I pray you have many years ahead!

Be careful with those mascara wands - they can bite ya!

Archived