I am taking the plunge!

check out the hydrolic lift for the table. It will allow you to raise and lower the working surface, depending on which side of the machine you are working on--front or back. The handles are in two different heights. It will also allow you to change it just to keep your body from holding the same position too long.

Wow Madelyn!! You were really listening and checking them out at the MN Quilt Show...:D Sometimes I wonder how many people remember the things we talk about at the shows. You need to pick out a small quilt top and come down and work on it here so you can see the difference between the "standing" machines and your wonderful George.

Bliss is a must! I also upgraded my light so that I have the option of turning it off as I quilt. I find hours of those led lights tire my eyes. Also, it is difficult to see where I have already quilted on some fabrics, so I turn off the led lights and use a light at the end of my machine to throw shadow on the work. Happy Quilting!

Lucy,

Of course I dutifully listen to you when you speak!!!! I even remembered what you showed me with the difference in height of the handles at the Road show in the Cities. There isn't a question of the benefits of a standing machine and George. It is a matter of timing the $$----It could be coming closer--the last kid will be "not our responsibility" in just a couple weeks. Then we get to decide how to use our own checkbook and where to save the $$. And the room to put George's sibling in!!! It may take a while because I know that I would want to be blissed to start with and the lift and advance would be on the list too!

Archived