Circle Lord - ready to jump in

I am ready to jump in but don't even know where to start.

I purchased a used Circle Lord many months ago, as well as many R & S boards.

They are sitting colllecting dust!

Where do I start? Any suggestion would be so helpful.

I am serious about having someone come to AK to terach me. :D:D

Grab one of your quilt top that you are not sure what to quilt on it. If it is lots of sqaures then put the spiral boards on it. Find theside edge and top edges of the quilt. Put the needle down. Go around to the back and put your boards on the panto side. This will be the extremes of you quilting. I measure from the inside edge of the bliss tracks approximately 3" in and mark a line the length of the table on top of the plastic. This way I can line up the boards along the length of the table knowing they are straight. If you want you can find where the centre of the quilt is and make sure the centre of your boards is in the same place.

Move the quilt so that the top groove of the boards are about 1/2" from the edge of the quilt. This way the foot doesn't run into the pins I use to secure the top to wadding and backing.

I do walk around to the front to secure my starting stitches then back to the panto side and stitch away. One hand on the machine the other in my pocket or resting lightly on the pick up roller or pattern board.

Go for it Tonilyn it is so much easier than pantos.

I was scared at first too and now I love them. I put some shelf liner under the boards. The yellow rubbery sort of corregated kind. I line them up like Lyn said then I use some blue low-tack painters tape and tape them down in a few places so they don't move and off I go. I learn something new with each quilt. I just set up the Baptist Fan one this morning. I've had it for probably two years and decided today was the day to put it on the machine. I'll post a pic when I finished. I know there is probably a trick to know how to end them perfectly without having a partial pattern, but I've been sort of "eye-balling" them and so far I've been really lucky. I've done fine with the sides.

I think the Swirlz and Square Dance were the easiest to learn. Just dive in and have some fun.

Guest Linda S

I had a Circle Lord for years before I got my IQ, and I just loved that thing! I had most of the discs and several of the long boards. What a fabulous tool it is. Jump in and give it a whirl. I found it so fun and easy to use. I was really sorry to see it go, but I knew it wouldn't get much use with the computer. Have fun with it!

Hi,

Using the Circlelord Giant templates is easier than Pantos.

You position them on the back table just as with pantos.

If you use all the sections on plastic shelf liner and follow

the instructions provided, then all you do is put the stylus in the groove and, using one finger on the handle, move your machine from one end to the other. You will get a feel for driving it very quickly and be tickled pink with your quilt.

A strip of tape on each corner will insure that an accidental knock doesn't move them.

The Circlelord Design template system takes some practice,

but is not as hard as hand holding plexiglass templates.

There are lots of things to fear, the Circlelord system is not one of them.

10 years of happy longarmers.

It was fun making the spirals on a baby quilt. I don't have any of the long boards. Still waiting to get mine drilled so I can use it on the front of the machine. Although going from front to back was a lot of exercise, LOL.

I can't wait to try out the other disks. It will have to come after we get the yard done though.

Archived