Paper or Electronic Calendar/Planner

I'm trying to downsize a bit this year and can't decide whether to try an electronic calendar or keep with a paper one. I mostly keep track of the quilts I quilt, the ones coming up, when they're done, etc. My "appointments" are kept on my phone calendar, but that really doesn't give me room to enter all the info I need/want.

So...what do you guys use?

I have never liked Microsoft Outlook, although I know it has tons of capabilities. I tried using it when I had an office job and just never could get the hang of it.

Maybe I should make up an intake binder and then keep something in it. That could work. Thanks Vicki!

I'm such a dinosaur. I have no electronic helper, no smart phone, and no business software (but I do have Dennis, who does the taxes.)

I have a piece of plain paper for intake appointments arranged by month and number of openings, a regular calendar to keep track of pick-up appointments, and a small binder with a card for every customer where their quilts are noted with date, name and size of quilt, and what they were charged. Intake sheets are kept in a big binder in chronological order. Only way I can lose this stuff is a natural disaster! :P

Guest Linda S

I use Google calendar. As soon as I enter something in the iCalendar on my MacBook, it uploads to my Google calendar and my smart phone (Droid Razr), complete with alarms to remind me where I need to be. You can't beat it!

I use an Outlook calendar for work, and can sync our family Google calendar with it. It keeps everything seperate, but I can see it all in one place. I was getting in to trouble with too many paper calendars that I was having a hard time keeping track of things.

I use my iPad and a paper calendar. I know, double work, but it is working for me just now.

I carry my iPad to appointments with me (I meet customers at LQS or at Guild meetings). I can show them pictures that I have on there of quilts. I also keep a paper calendar on the desk in my "studio." I usually sync them once a day....by hand. I love the paper calendar and nothing disappears into cyberspace like most of my pictures did from my iPad when I updated to a new operating system.

Archived