Wish me luck

Its been 2 years since starting I started up my APQS Liberty, I am so far behind on quilts, I have a customers on now and one waiting plus I have 5 of my own. The first year I was working on my home that I purchased, lots of work on repairs and lawn work. Being Single I had to relay on my Son and Son-in-Law for majors. The second year I took in my ex-husband whom was dying of cancer. Took a lot of my time running him to treatments and tests, and cooking meals at regular times ( when I was alone, I only ate when I was hungry). He lost his battle on October 17, 2012. Seems too quiet around here, I miss him, but I have to go forward and get busy with things that I let slide this past year. One I have already been working on and that is cleaning house. I had forgotten how having a husband around takes up a person time. Wow I guess i really did get used to living alone, I just have to get back were I was a year ago. My Lord is with me everyday to help me through this painful time in my life.

Welcome back Edie. I know life hasn't been kind to you the last two years and it is sometimes hard getting started again. I've had a very rough year myself and I find that I have to just take it one day at a time and set goals for myself. If I have a plan I do much better at getting things done. I give myself the flexibility though in case I need it! I'm sorry for your loss, I'm sure it was a very difficult time for you. I know God is smiling down on you for sure. It takes a special person to take in somebody in their time of need and I know first hand how much is needed to care for somebody.

Guest Linda S

Edie - you're among friends here. I'm so sorry for your loss. Taking an ex-husband back in to care for him in his time of need speaks volumes to the size of your heart. Many of us have been through rough patches and have had to haul ourselves back up. We are so fortunate that we have this place to come for help with machine or quilt issues, and it's just a great place if you need a shoulder to cry on. Of course, it's also great to come and share life's triumphs. I'm hoping you'll have lots of them soon.

I've always said that just because I divorced him, it didn't mean I didn't care anymore. We just made better friends than we did spouses. It was a good thing you did for both of you. Something else I've always said is one can get used to being alone, but break it for even one day and you have to learn it all over again. You're going to be fine and we're here for you anytime. These people give great cyber hugs.

Archived