Yin & Yang

I am hooked on the Yin & Yang pattern from McCall's Quilting Magazine, May/June 2011 issue! I have made this quilt in black & white, pink and now in green. The green one is on my Lenni now. I decided to use a green sparkly thread that I bought from Superior Threads. It came in a miscellaneous, mix and match thread purchase and I don't know what kind it is. It has a rough texture and it didn't want to go through my machine. It kept breaking. I readjusted my bobbin with my Towa tension gauge, so that is doing great.

I kept remembering all of the things I have read on this forum about unruly threads. So, 1st I put the nylon net around the thread cone. Still kept breaking. Then, I re-threaded the machine and only put the thread through one of the holes on each of the 3-hole threaders. Finished threading the machine and now it is quilting perfectly!!!

Another thing I learned form this forum is to stay CALM!! STAY CALM & QUILT ON!!

Thank you everyone for freely sharing your long-arm sage advice and quilting experiences!!

post-3703-0-75413000-1357353152_thumb.jpg

post-3703-0-54890700-1357353188_thumb.jpg

Archived