Do you recognize this pattern?

Perhaps you won't need a pattern for this simple quilt. Get some quad (quarter-inch) graph paper and plot one block. If you use 2 1/2" strips for the borders of each block, it looks like the center three-strip is 2 1/2" wide and 6 1/2" long (to finish at 2"X 6"). Cut four strips for the borders, all of them 2 1/2" by 6 1/2" and apply them courthouse steps-style--adding to the long sides first and then the short ends. Your block will end up 6 1/2" X 8 1/2" unfinished and 6" X 8" finished by using 2 1/2" strips.

The quilt pictured when using that size strips will finish at 54" by 56". Make it larger by adjusting the strip size or by adding more blocks. Very nice pattern!

Thanks for the input everyone.

Linda, I was thinking that the middle section must be 5 in finished which would make the block 6 by 9 inches finished. Part of what is bugging me is that I know I saw this pattern in a magazine ( I think I might have even owned it but cleared it out in a purge). I guess I will make up some sample blocks and go from there.

Oma- thanks for looking that is beautiful too.

Anne- I like that one too and I DO have that pattern. :)

Michelle

Thank you Vickie! I think that is it!!! I have been going nuts searching for this. Thanks to everyone who took a look and suggested something. You are the best. :D

BTW, while searching my vast magazine inventory I found a pattern that I didn't know that I had. (The silver lining for all the time I wasted!)

Michelle

PS. I just downloaded the book from my library website! Thanks again Vickie.

Thank you Vickie! I think that is it!!! I have been going nuts searching for this. Thanks to everyone who took a look and suggested something. You are the best. :D

BTW, while searching my vast magazine inventory I found a pattern that I didn't know that I had. (The silver lining for all the time I wasted!)

Michelle

PS. I just downloaded the book from my library website! Thanks again Vickie.

You're welcome, Michelle! I've been poring over that book dreaming of a new project, so it was fresh in my mind. BTW, "City Lights" is similar and is in Kim's new book, "Bright & Bold Cozy Modern Quilts". Enjoy!!

Archived