Where is Spring?

It's mid 60's and was for the low last night, but I've spent a better part of the morning trying to get the woodbox going again because it's supposed to get back down in the 30's and 20's the next 3 nights.  Crazy weather this late in the season for us, too.  You can keep the blizzard though.  We found out what one of those was a few years ago and really don't want to experience another one. :)   Of course, we are in tornado alley so that's never fun to go through either.

Well I would take just the snow. We started with the winds yesterday gusts were expected to reach 95 mph. In town there were trees blown down windows blown out and at the Flaming Gorge one of the marina's lost all their docks due to it. I had animal control knock on my door asking if the yellow lab was mine. I told her to look for a down fence and it probably belonged there. It is still blowing. On an upside the whole yard could blow away and the dogs wont notice it was a long night.

Shirley

Oh boy!  Crazy weather.  My daughter and a friend left here on Saturday and are driving to Portland, OR. They are already spending an extra day with family friends in Cincinnati due to an issue with the car but their planned route takes in Wyoming and South Dakota.  I knew they should have waited another couple of weeks!

I found spring here...beautiful weather right now.  I found some new plants called Sun Patients so I planted those out front.  I've always loved Impatients, but they are a shade plant so I couldn't put them out front where it is a full sun environment until I found these.  Awesome.  I'll have to let you know how they do.  I planted some more Hibiscus just for the fun of it.  And I put in some more roses that are short and wide and produce a lot of blooms.  I also stood out there putting hundreds of lady bugs on my existing rose bushes one at a time so they would eat all the aphids.  I've tried soapy water and chemicals and it affects the blooms (not as big or as pretty smelling) so I use lady bugs.  They work well, but you can't just go dump them on.  My new neighbor kids came over to help (3 of them).  It wasn't more productive and we had a few new plantings trampled, but they were fun to watch. 

We planted a Japanese Red Maple in the vicinity of where our other tree blew down a couple of weeks ago.  I hope it is a good choice and it grows well.  We had a lot of wind over the weekend and I would have understood the other tree falling down then, but not when it did.  The wind is gone now.  Headed for Wyoming and other points East I suppose.  We're back to the 80's this week.  I'll just have to remember to make sure all the new plants get watered.

Edie, I lived in Huron, SD for ten years during the 80's.  I worked in the hospitals in Sioux Falls and Clear Lake and traveled home to Huron on my days off.  My mother used to have fits because I would drive home in bad weather.  I told her if I waited for good weather I would be gone all year.  It was always something...snow, wind, tornadoes, etc.  I didn't color the Easter eggs one year because we got a blizzard that weekend and the white eggs were easier to hide.  Did not appreciate the ones I found later.  The planting season starts later and ends quicker too.   I was always confused about when to plant things.  Out here I can start planting in Feb.  I have flowers on my patio that bloomed all winter.  I didn't move anything inside and everything made it just fine even through the couple of days of freeze we had.  I just moved them closer to the house.

Enjoy your weather because in a few short weeks I will be sitting in over 100 degree weather complaining about not being able to be outside because of the heat.    

We've had almost 3" rain in the last 24 hours and they're talking some snow tomorrow. Then in the 50's on Friday.... We had such strong winds yesterday and last evening one of our new house windows we had installed was damaged, and the screen destroyed, and an electrical wire went down on DH while he was in the skid loader....... luckily he was grounded by the tires.  Weird how random it is from day to day this spring.

ETA: hubby said electrician said it was the grounding wire that came down, but that is the one that if you have a hold of it with power going through the other wire you complete the circuit and would not be able to let go, but doesn't carry electricity on its own.  And we didn't get the snow or freezing rain overnight and we're above freezing now so think we lucked out on that one :)

Archived