Hi Teresa,

On the red one, how about meandering stars and loopies? You know the stars that your teacher would draw on your papers when you were a kid? That kind. On the other, how about outlining some of the animals and background, maybe some water in the water, swirls in the fur, and wood grain in the borders.

Just a thought, please show us how they turn out.

Beth

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a couple of pictures of the pillow panel quilt. It came out kind of fluffy, because the sashing and border strips were loose. I just used monopoly to go around the little animals. I used gold thread to go around the panel borders (little circle things, horns I think). I put a pine needle border around each panel, meandered between the panels to get it to lay flat, then did a leaf and vine on the outer yellow border. I used Maxilock forest green in the bobbin and Maxilock and monopoly on the top. The batting is the real thin store brand polyester. I bet it would have been really pretty with some fluffy batting; almost like trapunto.

Hi, Teresa!

I really like all of the quilting details you put into this! :) I love moose.

In my years living here, I haven't seen too many bull moose running around (they like to lay low) but I've seen lots and lots of mama moose and their babies. The little twins in your quilt are so cute. Would you believe that once I actually saw triplets with a mama? That is very rare, I think as usually they have two, and more often mama only ends up with one baby tagging along, as mother nature is not always easy on those little babies's survival.

Congrats on a great quilting job.

Teresa,

You did a great job on the moose (meese, mooses :P ). I see how you followed the border around the moose. And I love the green border.

I'm afraid that the QOV would just get a patriotic panto if I did it. That's a tough one. Dave Hudson makes a firemans helmet border but I think it is only 4 or 5 inches. He also has an 11" interlocking Fire House which has fire hydrants, fire ax and firefighters helmet.

http://www.quiltscomplete.com/detail.aspx?ID=800

The 12" strips is hard to design around. I know that Circle Lord has some pretty big stars. I just got that template but am not sure of the size of the largest star. Maybe stars in the corners of each strip and wavy lines between the stars.

Please post a photo of the completed quilt.

Ya' know - - - I was wondering how anybody could posssibly know it was

"a red one":P thought it was just me.... glad to know it isn't - this time!!

I am looking forward to SEEING the photos - - pretty please?!?

Captian May I??:)

I'm sure what Teresa did is just great though - I know it is!!

Oh Teresa, how can you say you are not getting paid. I know MONEY would be nice, but what better pay than the feelings those precious soldiers will feel when they get to be covered with your beautiful quilting. For them to know that people care about them and that in spite of the politics of this land over the war, you and others who quilt for QOV care about their sacrifice. I think the reward of that will far outway the lack of funds and just think of the business that could possibley come your way. It will not go unnoticed by the One who cares for us moer than we know.

Oh, Bekah, you said this so well. I am also going to find the lovely response that Vicki gave to Ferret last week about her raffle quilt and post it here. Vicki's words were so eloquent; so poetic and profound. Here it is:

Originally posted by dancingstitcher

Why does this one quilt put so much weight on your life? "Sounds like a loss all round to me." It never is a loss. You just aren't cognizant of the benefits yet. Life is filled with disconnected things that don't seem to make any sense, then one day some of the branches start knitting together and the value of past experiences start talking to you and you are stronger and more capable. Just know that things happen for a reason. One day you will know the answer. Vicki

(((Hugs))) to you, Teresa, for your time and efforts toward completing these quilts of valor. God bless you for all that you do.

Your friend, Shana

Judi, QOV is Quilts of Valor. Longarm quilters quilt the tops that piecers have created and the finished quilts are then sent to injured soldiers. It is a wonderful program.

I didn't mean to discredit the QOV program. My own son is a soldier in Iraq, so I know what it means. I just meant to make the point that 6 quilts in 2 weeks would be a really great level of business.

Anyway, I will repost the pictures if anybody cares to look. Otherwise I won't take up the space that others might need.

post--13461897922861_thumb.jpg

Archived