Who is going to HMQS in Sandy, UT....

Any one else bringing DHs??  Mine is taking a class also then he plans on looking up model train stores and the like-

I would love to meet others at dinner on that friday (Chinese?) but would like husband to enjoy himself also!

We are staying a bit out of town and plan on taking the commuter train to and from to avoid parking fees. But can get anywhere.

I am in Claudia's class until 5:30 I have my car. Let me know what everyone wants to eat and how many and I will get reservations somewhere. I don't know of anyone Chinese but I can find out where some are. Across from Expos center there are several restaurants or there is some down the street. Seafood Italian Mexican are the ones I'm familiar with. Will see what else. Let me know by noon Friday who wants to go and what food everyone wants.

Shirley

Oh Sewhappy no parking fees at the Expo center or most malls etc in that area. Mostly parking fees are in downtown SLC. U2U me if you have need of any other information. They do have bus service and trax lines. There is a trax station by the Expo center I think I seen one. I just drive everywhere when I'm there. It is easy to get around. But if you fly in trax would be the way to go. Just don't delay picking up your luggage. Crooks have been busy since the new trax line opened.

Shirley

I am in Claudia's class until 5:30 I have my car. Let me know what everyone wants to eat and how many and I will get reservations somewhere. I don't know of anyone Chinese but I can find out where some are. Across from Expos center there are several restaurants or there is some down the street. Seafood Italian Mexican are the ones I'm familiar with. Will see what else. Let me know by noon Friday who wants to go and what food everyone wants.Shirley

Thanks Shirley, that would be great. My hubby will be with me and would like to come. So two of us.

I will be there Thursday as well, but have an afternoon class. I am bringing some gals with me and am not sure what time we will arrive. I'll look for you Kristina and Ardelle. Shirley, my SIL and I are in Claudia's class Friday! Not sure if we can meet for dinner with you but am anxious to meet as many of you as I can.

Well, I wish I was a great "host" because I live in West Point, Utah (about 40 minutes from the South Towne Expo)!  I haven't signed up for any classes but was "thinking" of going down on Thursday to look around but haven't even asked for the day off yet (procrastination)!  I don't know the Sandy area super well, but know people that live there, when I get to work this morning, I'll check with some colleges and ask about close restaurants for you.  I may just have to ask for Friday off too and meet you all; you've all inspired me so much!  I don't quilt for customers, but have learned SO much from this forum!

I've met you once before Ardelle (she is a beautiful lady!) but after seeing all of your husbands quilts on this forum, it would be great to meet him too!  My avatar is my quilt from last years' show (first I ever entered - fun, but not a winning quilt).  None for this year, I'm going to school now too!

Weather is pretty nice - but much cooler than any May's I remember!

Shirley~

Tom & I would like to join for dinner~He is glad there are no parking fees~He was not at all happy about the commuter train~Quilck question tho-

Sany Utah or SLC?  Should we change hotels? I thought it is in the City Center?

Archived