All for naught

I spent a good hour plus marking my cross hatch grid on the borders and sashings, loaded

it on Millie, & barely got started before dinner.  The weather changed- overcast, rainy

damp.   You guessed it!  went down this morning and allllll my markings vanished!

grrrr... most frustrating.    I find it difficult and not as accurate to mark while a quilt is

loaded. Much prefer to mark while on a hard surface.  How do you all do it?  any suggestions?

@#$%% weather! 

When I get stuck like that, I mark the current row with white chalk.  It only stays on until I quilt over it, then most of it bounces off. 

If I want to mark ahead, or if I know I'm going to make multiple passes that will remove the chalk before I'm done with it, I'll use the white mechanical pencil.

That's why I NEVER NEVER used the purple pen!  Our humidity here in FLA is terrible. I'm lucky if that purple is visible for more than a few minutes! I always mark with the blue and use a spounge  brush to remove the marks with water!

OH, been there and done that.  I feel your pain.  It's like you wasted a big part of the time you could have been quilting.  I only use purple pen once in a while since that happened to me.  I did get soem of those frixion highlighters and I'm going to try that. I also just bought a chalk marker, but it only shows up on really dark fabrics, so I am not happy with that at all.

Oh, dear, maybe I better not say--my purple marks sometimes stay on until I remove the quilt from the frame and use a little spritz of water on the marks!!  No humidity in Montana, none!  But while in Aransas Pass, TX this last 5 months, I never used the purple pens--as Dell said--way too much humidity, the marks disappeared before I could get the cap back on the pen!  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived