L or M??

I have an M bobbin in my Lucey. Glad I went with the larger bobbin. I have the turbo bobbin winder and fill most of my own bobbins. I check every bobbin with the Towa gauge and haven't had any problem maintaining consistent bobbin tension.

Leslie

Tracey:  The M bobbin will hold twice the thread the L holds.  That means half the number of bobbin changes.  If you do quilting that is continual and stitch for long periods of time, the M would be the choice.  If you just do short runs with a lot of thread changes, then the L would probably serve you well.

I changed my Ult2 from L to M because i find changing the bobbin a drag.  A lot of the stitching problems I encounter come directly from bobbin changes, so for me, the fewer the better.  I found absolutely no difference in stitch quality between the two, and since they both were on the same machine, I think that's a really good test.  Jim

I had heard of tension issues with the M, but after considering the benefit, I chose the M and am super glad I did.  I'm a new longarmer and wind my own bobbins.  As long as the bobbins are wound correctly, you should have no problem.  I was surprised at how frequently the M bobbin needs to be changed and am so thankful I didn't get the L.

Joan

I have the L bobbin. After much consideration prior to my purchase, went with the L. I love it, and wouldn't swap it for the M. I wind my own bobbins on the super duper turbo winder, so don't even notice how often a bobbin change happens. I guess it's what the user gets accustomed to. Both sizes are fantastic for their own reasons.

I have the L and have no regrets -  yeah, sometimes when I'm in a groove and I run out  I curse to myself and wish for that M, but most of the time I'm happy with the smaller size.  Why?   I can take a 5 minute break to stretch my back,  get the circulation going back in my legs, adjust my eyes, re-check my tension, etc.     

Archived