Spammers Are Out

I noticed also that some spammers are not just copying and pasting huge amounts of crap and links, but now are adding their spam links listed in the name section.  Be careful of those links that we most often think are links to a member's blog or picture hosting site.  They're getting tricky here!

Marci, I just saw one of these, very tricky and scary too. I was a little suspicious because the answer was not exactly on topic, the user was a newbie with only 1 post. Still, I often go to a member's website so this little trick is disturbing.

Bullies and spammers have so much in common!!!

Hi Shana,

The new Forum has been extremely successful at stopping 99% of the spam attempts, and the forum software company continues to issue updates to stay ahead of them. We use captcha and validation methods that make it tough for them but once in a great while someone sneaks around the defenses. For the most part we've been pretty "spam free" the past several months except for a few little blips.

We appreciate everyone reporting the one or two who manage to break through, and our team will continue to delete and block them.

Don't allow one or two spam attacks to dissuade you from checking back in regularly; we miss you!

Archived