New Year's Resolution

Stepping off the side lines and finally joining the forum:)

Ive had my Millie about a year and half now... I've been observing from a distance and met some of you at MQX...I admire all of you and have learned so much on this forum; Thank you.

I too would like to sing praise for Barb M as she has spent a lot of time with me. She literally went "the extra mile(s)"; set my machine up and resolved a mirage of small issues that we're equating to a "perfect storm." She set me up, walked me through basics and encouraged me to go for it!!!!

Thanks sooooo much! I'm having a GREAT time:)

PhyllisH

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to meet you all. Sorry it's taken awhile to reply, Lisa, I injured my head & have been out of it for awhile.

A little about myself:

I am a retired teacher. I was taught to sew at a young age but never actually quilted until now. I currently quilt for myself and friends. I may generate a business but am not ready for the stress that could come with it. I started by piecing my own quilts figuring that if I could quilt my rooky quilts... I'd have great practice if I attempt customer quilts. This put me in piecing land for a few months which I enjoyed immensely. So far I've pieced and quilted 12 quilts and have about 8 more still in process in piecing land. I've been reading this form for about 2 years and have much respect and admiration for all of you. I greatly appreciate all I've learned.

Thnx,

PhyllisH

Welcome to the whacky world of wild quilting and having a ball. 

Please do post picts of some of your work, we'd really like to see not only what

you are quilting, but what you are piecing too.

We all posted our projects when first starting out.  it's so much fun to see how

we, and the others have progressed over time.

Hope you stick around and chat.. offer answers to others as well as asking your questions.

Archived