Needle Jumping

Hi All,

I have been meaning to ask this question for a long time.

When I have the stitch regulator on and come to a stop, my needle always seems to jump and not stay still.

Does anyone else have this issue??? Of course it could be me, but it can be frustrating when trying to do stitch in the ditch or using templates.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Karen

Do you mean that it's impossible to stop stitching in RS and hold it still enough that the sensors don't engage the needle?  Because that happens to me, it's almost like the sensors are so super sensitive that you can't stop?  It's usually just a hesitation while stitching but it's a pain sometimes?  If this is what yours does, I'll be interested to see what others' say!

I have adjusted my #8 because my machine would take another stitch when I hit a button to stop and it didn't seem to help the hesitation issue?

Karen,  I am assuming your machine  does not have Quilt Glide and it is not switched on,  As the needle will kee stitching when the machine is still with Quilt Glide.

If the machine is still stitiching and you don't have quilt glide are you touching the quilt or hadles even lightly as any slight moevement will be recognised by the machine and it will continue to stitch.

Lynn, I do have Quilt Glide, and I do use it, but it is not on when this is happening. As Cathy mentioned, it is super sensitive or the machine motor does not come to a complete stop when you stop.

Just thought I would see if this is common or not.

Thanks,

Karen

When I would stop to readjust my ruler or anything my needle would "jump" up and down a few times and scare the heck out of me.  One time it even hit my ruler.  It would do that when I had the stitch regulator on, but either Dawn or Amy told me how to adjust the #8 screw.  It's a very fine adjustment so it took a couple of tries to get it just right, but it did work. 

I will try the number #8 screw just in case, otherwise  I did take out my manual (who would a thought) and I did read about holding in the command button on the right hand control and engage the blue start button. It did work but the needle did not go down all the way.

I will let you know how I make out with the #8 screw, thank you for all of your suggestions.

I also see the post is on here twice, I don't know how that happened!!

Thanks,

Karen 

Archived