Breast Cancer Quilt

This is such a sweet quilt, I had to show it to all of you.

I finished it over the weekend for a customer. It is for a friend of hers that has breast cancer. Each of the hearts in the middle is signed by a friend, family member, a doctor or a nurse.

I was somewhat limited in how the body of the quilt could be quilted. My customer didn't want any stitching on the hearts because there were some empty hearts that had not been signed yet. I wanted to do some feathered hearts, but put them in the border instead along with some pink ribbons. I ended up just doing SID in the body of the quilt with a pretty dense background filler to pop out the hearts.

Seems like this quilt took forever to finish, but it was well worth it. My customer picked up the quilt today and she was in tears. I didn't make much money on this quilt, but sometimes it's just not about making money. The customers response made it worth every minute spent on the quilt.

Thanks for taking a look.

Debbi

post--13461897926755_thumb.jpg

Debbi,

That quilt is so sweet! It's all beautiful, but I especially like your creative idea of taking the border ribbon fabric and making it 3-dimensional by quilting in your endless ribbons throughout; that is the perfect touch. And, I am so with you on what "satisfaction" means -- your journey of bringing this quilt to life is what made you the happiest, and in knowing that it would truly touch the souls of those who were giving and recieving it; no amount of money/payment could compensate for that feeling you must have. It's priceless. Things like this quilt, why it was made, and who was part of its creation will live on forever in people's memories. Thanks so much for sharing it. You are awesome.

Deb, Thanks for posting a picture of this. I was wondering what to make for relay for life. You've just given me the perfect quilt. It looks quick and easy and there will be places for people to sign the names of the loved ones they've lost to cancer. Great job. I love the ribbon border. Did you do that freehand?

Hi Debbi,

Great job on the heart quilt. I loved your background fill -- just beautiful!!

I saw this in a Hallmark Gold Crown book in my chiropractor's office yesterday and thought it good timing regarding your comment ". . . but sometimes it's just not about making money." Amen to that!!

10 Things to MAKE Besides Money . . .

make time

make merry

make do

make sense

make peace

make room

make waves

make amends

make love

make believe

Enjoy and happy quilting, Allison C. Bayer, Plano, Texas