Fantastic Thursday

I'm surprised to see nobody has started this thread.  For once I have something to share.  This is next up on my frame, I just finished piecing it tonight.  This is a baby quilt for a new grand-nephew (how does that happen) due in July.  I'm excited to get it quilted.  I'm more excited that tomorrow if Friday!!!!  I have had a very rough couple of weeks at the day job and I'm ready for the weekend.

post-2404-0-42443700-1398990784_thumb.jpg

It's such a sweet and happy quilt! It makes me smile.  

Since I am the youngest of 13, several of my oldest siblings have great grandchildren...that makes them my great grand nieces and nephews!  That doesn't make me feel nearly as old as knowing that Nathan (grandson) will turn 21 the end of June....seems impossible/

Very cute!  I was going to comment that "your quilter" won't like that wavy border on the bottom, but I know it is simply the way it's hanging. ;)   I like your color variation in the sashing. 

LOL no it is flat.  I just plunked it up quickly on the design wall, which is just a piece of flannel.  I didn't even notice how "bad" it looks!  LOL

Very cute Heidi!  Looking forward to seeing it quilted.  I too have a baby quilt to make for a friend, but just haven't gotten going on it yet.  I have a 112 x 112 quilt on my frame that seems to be taking me Forever to get quilted....it is giant....why do I always get those?  Anyway, I'll share that one when it is finished....beautiful weather here in TX today....

Very cute Heidi!  Looking forward to seeing it quilted.  I too have a baby quilt to make for a friend, but just haven't gotten going on it yet.  I have a 112 x 112 quilt on my frame that seems to be taking me Forever to get quilted....it is giant....why do I always get those?  Anyway, I'll share that one when it is finished....beautiful weather here in TX today....

Vicki I got burned out with all the big quilts.  This is the first I've actually pieced in a while.  I have a bedroom quilt 90% piece, just the outside border to go but it is 108 x 108.  LOL  

I hate the dark blue middle border with the brown corner sashing, coming off!  I'll have to try out a few different ones.  It will either be all the blue or maybe the blue batik all I know at this point is the more I look at it the more I hate it.  LOL  

Good to realize it now.  I made the mistake (only once so far!) of using fabric I was talked into, and hoping I would like it when the quilt was done.  Didn't happen, and I spent a lot of time on a quilt which I do NOT like. :( 

Now, I will sometimes buy fabric I'm not convinced about, but I don't use it unless I really believe I will be happy with it in the quilt.  A painful lesson to learn, but I'm hoping I only have to learn it once. ;)

Archived