New Millie

As I mentioned previously I'm going to upgrade to the new Millie.   Once my old Millie is out of the sewing room, I have an opportunity to upgrade my floor.  My sewing room is in my attached garage which has a cement floor with indoor/outdoor carpet on it.   It would be great if I could upgrade the floor myself - I'm pretty handy.   I'm wondering what others have used on their floors and what might work best.    The garage is currently getting a paint job with Millie completely covered in plastic.

I quilt both standing and sitting so whatever is done on the floor has to work for both (rolling wheels on the saddle seat).   TIA

I had tile on my floor over concrete.  It was cold and hard on the legs, so we took that out and put in cork floors.  I love them!!!  They are much better to stand on and it insulates from the cold concrete  I have my machines on wheels and all of my sewing chairs and saddle stool included.  I did put rubber wheels on all the chairs so it is better on the cork.  The plastic wheels were cracking the finish.  I got the cork that is a floating floor, just like laminate and it is easy to install yourself.

I put Vinyl plank in my Studio I love it. It is waterproof and actually warm on my feet

I also have a rolling chair and  put the cushion rollers for hard surfaces on my chair 

I Love it. Did I say that already. I did this all by myself, Ialso glued it down.

the vinyl plank can be bought in wood grain and tile look.

good luck with your project 

Bonnie, what width mat did you buy? I've tried an extra mat over my low pile carpet, the interlocking puzzle piece type of foam mat, but it slides around when walking back and forth. I wonder how the Uline might do? Do you use a stool on wheels or just walk on the mats? Thanks for info,

Colette

All great options!  Now I have to decide where to go from here.  Thanks everyone.

Patty - you said your machine is on wheels - do you also have the option to raise and lower your machine?  I'm asking because I  thought you couldn't use the wheels with that option.  I would love to have both since I like to move my machine back for when my granddaughters come over and setup their machines and sew with me.

Archived