Fabric Swap after the first of the year (update guidelines)

Oma

Elisa Wilsons drunkard paths templates can make your Asian quilt project easier. Some of my Asian quilts are done that way, I have been teaching the curve piecing technique @ Beverly's Bakersfield. You just mix in tonal blender fabrics.

Later on, I will dig into my books & patterns for more inspirations.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've done several of the Maple Island patterns using oriental fabric and they turn out great.  These quilts I purchased patterns for so I can't give you the directions, but you can see how pretty and I can tell you where to get the patterns.  The second pic is a great stash buster.  You can use the smallest of pieces and it turned so pretty.

Some great free patterns here:
http://www.hoffmanfabrics.com/free-quilt-patterns/page/2/

post-4696-0-56706600-1418485885_thumb.jpg

post-4696-0-33114400-1418485887_thumb.jpg

Swap is not closed. We will continue to add people until it's closed and I think we will close it mid Feb. so no one feels rushed. That will mean fabric needs to be mailed by mid Feb. You can join more than one group. The swap is 10 Asian fat quarters and you will get 10 back or If you want 20 fat quarters then you will say you want to be in two groups or that you will be exchanging 20 fat quarters.

Bonnie, it's called Keiko's Garden by Toby Lischko for Hoffman fabrics. It was a free pattern, but I don't know if it still is.

Oma, the pattern doesn't seem to be available any longer, at least I can't find it. It looks fairly simple to figure out, rectangles, drunkard's path and sashing/cornerstones so I think it shouldn't be too hard to figure it out. Thanks for the name and sharing the beautiful quilt photos.

It's a little harder than one would think.  I fully intend to make another one.  I even had a die made from AccuQuilt to cut the drunkard's path part.  The rectangles, sashing and corner stones were easy enough.  I'll look to see if I can find the free pattern again too.  Oh...sent you an email too.  Found your blog and intend to go peruse it...lol.

I have that quilt made & posted here years ago. Oma is right, the pattern is not really that easy. I used Elisa Wilsons drunkards path template, to be honest, & IMHO, it's easier to applique the curved component because they are not the same shape & I had to tweak it. It is a beauty.

Bonnie H., I bought Dominique's treasure pattern from Paradise Quilt Shop in Clovis, Fresno County, CA. a few years ago. I pieced & quilted it for our daughter but she doesn't know it's hers. Fabrics I used were all modern & I posted the picture here. I have not given it to her yet because she liked the Swoon quilt when she got married a year ago.

I have to tell you that this pattern is not easy to piece, custom quilted one for a customer before.

Look how pretty the circle quilt is.  I don't have the pattern for it, but it would be easy to figure it out.  Another is Hanami Lanterns.  Look at the pic and it gives you the info to go get the free pattern.  I'll put several pics on and if you look at the pics it will give you info to get the free pattern.  I'm just not sure of the legality of posting the full instructions and this is how it probably should work.

Picture Frames pattern is from Little Miss Shabby and free so here's a address for her  http://www.littlemissshabby.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Picture-Frames-Quilt.pdf 

I'm new at it too.  If I understand correctly everyone will mail their fabric to me.  It will be 10 (or 20) fat quarters of the same fabric.  I will collect fabric from everyone then I will use your 10 (or 20) fabric pieces to send to 10 (or 20) other people.  You will send all one fabric, but you will get back 10 (or 20) different pieces.  You will mail it to me and I will mail it back to you.  I believe all the fabric will fit into a flat rate box or envelope that is less than $6.  So you need to send a check or some payment to cover that cost for return postage. 

Now, Canada is a different story.  That $6 flat rate box or envelope will cost around $20.  I've been practicing to see how much I can fit into the smallest box or envelope.  I think I can do it.  The next biggest box bumps the cost up to $40.  That's almost insane, but I'm not worried about it because I am the queen of packing tight...lol.  I'm going to make it work.

Archived