Fabric Swap after the first of the year (update guidelines)

Oma

I assume we can send the packages whenever we have them ready? I just wonder because I'm waiting for a delivery. Oma, maybe you can give us a deadline for getting the packages to you.

I bought waterproof envelopes today and plan to send a return envelope with my bundles. I'd prefer to include cash or a check for return postage rather than putting stamps on the envelope I send to you. I plan to send both groups in one envelope since the fabrics are different, and get both groups of 10 FQs back in one envelope. Is that going to work on your end?

Thanks for hosting and I hope we don't make you crazy!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda, it's going to work fine.  It may get a little crazy, but I have faith...lol.  You can send whenever you're ready.  I said earlier that the deadline for reaching me was Feb. 15 and I would have them all mailed out by March 1.  I still think that's a good timeline.  I like earlier rather than later. 

Pat, Linda R and Linda Rogers are not the same person, so we are ok there.  I am in four groups.  That may change if we add any people.  I did that so I could move me out and put more in, but we then had too many for three groups, but not enough for four groups so I put me in more places.  It's not a hardship for me because I do have the fabric.  I plan on sending out four different fabrics.  One for each group so people don't get two of each. 

AND...I received the first fabric package today and it was from...drum roll...Linda B!!!!  Yay!  We have begun!  I may live to regret this, but so far I'm having fun.

Glad to hear my package arrived.   Looking forward to receiving one back.   Oma..........THANK YOU for doing this.  You probably have a lot on your mind now with your SIL's accident.   

I just mailed my envelope with two bundles of 10 FQs for the two groups I'm in. I included a self-addressed matching envelope and cash for postage to cover the return. Yay! Thanks Oma for all the hard work you're gonna be doing. Nothing like being elbow-deep in pretty fabric!

I have a pattern in my head for a wedding quilt for my son and his fiance. Square-in-a-square with a white center and scrappy Asian corner triangles. When the block is straight set in one row and offset the next, it makes a great chevron quilt. I hope it's as great stitched together as it looks in my head!  :D

Swap is closed for real now...lol.  I may have moved you into another group, but that won't make any difference.  My only reason for my various groups is so people who are in 2 or more groups don't get repeats of fabric.  Here is the final list.

Group One:

Oma (received)

Corey (received)

Sue (received)

Cherylannie (received)

Linda R (received)

Jeannie B (received)

Delores (received)

Bonnie (received)

Pat S (received)

Dave

Group Two:

Oma (received)

Corey (received)

Linda R (received)

Terry (received)

Vickie (received)

Meg (received)

Bonnie (received)

LaJuana (received)

Barbara (love2quilt) (received)

Pat S (received)

Group Three:

Oma (received)

Corey (received)

Terry (received)

Chris (received)

Bonnie (received)

Carolyn C (received)

Linda B (received)

Barbara (love2quilt) (received)

Jeannie B (received)

Pat S (received)

Group Four:

Oma (received)

Corey (received)

Carolyn C (received)

Barbara C (Canada) (received)

Bekah (received)

Linda Rogers (received)

Pat S (received)

Jeanne P

Jeannie B (received)

Dave

I've updated the list to show what I've received so far.  We still have until the 15th so we are doing so well.  Lots and lots of pretty fabric.  I'm leaving everything intact until it's time to sort it all out because I think it will make it easier.  The girl at the post office thanks us for her job security...lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Oma,

I trust my package arrived to you.

I realize the addresses are t the same, but I asked at the post office and they assured me they both have adequate postage.

Please let me know if you have any problems...

And thanks for organizing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived