Picking up my first longarm machine SATURDAY!! SO EXCITED!!!

It doesn't seem real, as I've been waiting for this for such a long time.  I had narrowed my search to two brands (APQS, and A-1 because they are local to me).  Did my homework; attended some shows, and have read everything I can.  Found a used A-1 that should suit me well.   It's got some bells and whistles, it's a dozen years old, it's in my price range and is upgradable.   I can't wait to get started.  I know it was the right decision because I have had absolutely ZERO buyers' remorse.  Someday I hope to own a Millie, but for now, I am just so very thankful.  I love this forum, and have learned so much from so many.  Ya'll are the best.

Congratulations.  I know you will love working on the longarm machine.  Like you, I began with a beginner machine.  It was an APQS, but didn't have stitch regulator, needle up/down, etc.  After 5 years I upgraded to the APQS Lenni.  I hope to be able to upgrade to a Millie in 4 or 5 years. 

Be sure to post pictures of all your wonderful quilts. :P

Don't apologize, enjoy the ride, we all started somewhere. My first was an table top Handy Quilter then Bernina/Grace table with Jenome 1600P DBX; then  2 notltings and then with an blessed this past year with an opportunitiy to purhase a Millie. Did you know Jamie Wallen of Quilters Apothacary and Judi Madisn of Green Fairies Quilter has A-1.  Look at the fabulous work they put out.  There is a lady in our guild that does the most fabulous work on a 9" domestic for others.  So Enjoy the ride and shoot for the stars.  And most f all keep visiting thi forum, we all have related desires in this quilting world!  Hope to see some of your work very soon.

Quiltymama:  Which model A-1 did you get?  I really liked the A-1 Elite 923.  They did some really nice engineering on their table.  The older ones had Intellistitch stitch regulators on them.  Nothing wrong with them!  It always seemed to me that the 23 inch throat was a nice compromise between size and convenience.  Let us know when it up and going.  Jim

Quiltymama:  Which model A-1 did you get?  I really liked the A-1 Elite 923.  They did some really nice engineering on their table.  The older ones had Intellistitch stitch regulators on them.  Nothing wrong with them!  It always seemed to me that the 23 inch throat was a nice compromise between size and convenience.  Let us know when it up and going.  Jim

Hi Jim!  It is the 923 Elite with S/R!  Not sure if the S/R is Intellistitch or something else.  No indication on the machine head.  Believe it to be about a dozen years old, give or take.  Can't wait to set her up and start learning.  Thanks for your input.  I look forward to learning more from all of you as time goes on.  Such a great bunch of folks.

Archived