I didn't want to hog sewhappy's post about Spring Market. Here is more pictures of the Ricky Tims quilt I quilted. Also info. on the pattern.

JDW Publishing (www.jwdpublishing.com), Joen Wolfrom's patten company, has published the pattern for a new quilt design by Ricky called Reverie. While this particular quilt was made with Ricky's hand-dyed fabrics, the pattern can coordinate with some of Ricky's new fabrics coming out with Red Rooster. Reverie is about 70" square. Ask your LQS to order this pattern. No doubt once they release, Ricky will have some in his online store at www.rickytims.com

I never did find out why it smelled like Maple Syrup!

post--13461898092373_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Wow, that's gorgeous Cheryl!! These quilts always get me. This one makes me think of candy, because the colors are so pretty and work so well, and the quilting you did brings it all out perfectly, and adds to it as well. Beautiful job!

I KNOW! He is CRAZY! I mean that in the nicest way possible. Not only is he a super talented quilter, musician, teacher and show host; you should see all he does behind the scenes! He can film, edit & direct among many other things. I am a HUGE fan of his. When I was last in LaVeta I was told that he had never let anyone quilt for him before! I'm still honored and a little wowed. I don't know how he does it all, guess it's good that he's farming some stuff out.

When and where did you take the class? Have you been to a Super Seminar?

OKAY- have you been watching the Rhapsody blog on TQS site? JoAnn and I had mentioned it last week I think. Anyway, if you haven't you MUST! It is AWESOME! He has some field trips on there as well (very entertaining ones) as quilting. He is making one of his Rhapsody quilts from start to finish for us all to watch. It is great because I can "see" how he does it. I love knowing that he is not always super precise. It is very freeing to know. The quilt will be given away when it is done to a TQS member! I wish I qualified! Also, the last blog he revealed a SECRET. I'm sworn, sorry, I can't share!

Thanks Patch! It was a fun one. It does sort of look like cotton candy or saltwater taffy. I also found out my last trip that he pieces the backing then hand dyes it. Interesting. I guess so the piecing shows less with the colors consistent.

Fantastic piecing; great design. The quilting is perfect - and, I love your swirls.

I met Ricky at the quilt show in Paducah this spring. He even put his arm around me and posed for a picture. He was very gracious; seems like such a nice guy, plus all of that talent!!! He asked me if I had been at his performance the night before. I explained that I wanted very much to be there, but the tickets had been all sold out. He said I should have come anyway because there are always people who cancel out at the last minute. How nice, but I didn't know that in advance. (: My friends that did get to see him said the show was dynamite. They also said there were some empty seats, so he was right, I probably could have gotten in and had a seat. Oh well, "hind-sight."

Thanks!

You'll just have to see him another time somewhere else.

Next Jan. he is coming to Livermore for a Super Seminar. I am bringing my whole family for his evening concert. My husband is a classical violinist and really appreciates music. He is going to love it! He'll probably cry!

post--13461898299662_thumb.jpg

Archived