What happened to Quilter's Cache?

If that is the web-site with the music, I took that site out of my favorites. The music is like an invasion of privacy. I can't mute my speakers fast enough so I just stopped going there.

I just checked it and got some default home page so the server that hosts the web-site may just be down. Maybe a music lover sent a virus to the server.:P :P Oops, did I say that out loud? :P

Linda,

This is how I get side tracked...there is a very popular site, but I can't think of it right now...they play the most terrible music - at the bottom of their page it has a blip that if you have questions or comments about the site please click here....I hate confrontation....but I clicked anyway...it seemed harmless. I suggested that they ixnay the music - it was terribly obnoxious and drove me out of my mind when I was on their site (I didn't say it that way - but you get the picture). They sent me back a snippy email that wasn't very nice. So I told them, that was fine by me, I didn't need to look at their site anyway, there are plenty of others out there. I have since thought I was out of line and tried to go to their site, only to here that blasted music again. I even turn off my speakers, but I know it's there. I wish I could think of the site, I know you all have been there...it's probably on your favorites right now.

I was raised a little old fashion for being born in 1960, but I have to say I enjoyed the Polka they used to play, but I do have 1/4 Polish in my genes, and there is nothing like a good Polish polka! LOL.

It is set a little on the loud side, so I reduce the volume quickly.:o

I'm glad I am not the only one that dislikes the music, Hansons website is definatly worse, I just avoid going to them or mute first then go. It just jumps out at you its so loud, and my speakers are set very low. but people must enjoy it if they keep it.

Oh. Well. I can post here, I guess, but not other places.... Strange!

Ok, I just wanted to say yesterday, Linda Ramona, that I know just exactly what you mean about offensive "music", though I do not know what they play on that website. Yup. But I usually have my speakers turned off just for that reason - I've been blasted out of my chair once too often by sites my kids visit. I mean, who wants the LEGO music blaring in your ears when you're trying to decide on a birthday present anyway? LOL!

MaryBeth,

Yeah, the internet link to House of Hanson was also deleted from my favorites. The H of H appears to have quite an interesting collection of links, unfortunately each with a different piece of music.

For me, it's all about choices and I don't like people making my choices for me. I keep my sound on so I can hear when I get email; it is a choice I made. I hear the chime and know that I have a new email. I think that the music on these types of sites is a distraction for me. If I want music, I'll turn on the radio and then I will choose the kind of music I like.

For me, it just seems like an unwise business decision. If I went into a quilt shop that was blaring music, I would not like that any better than an internet site with music. And just like the internet, I would leave.

I've seen a bumper sticker: "If the music is too loud, you're too old" :D LOL :D That may be true. But I turn my music way up in my truck and listen to the Beach Boys, Abba, Beatles, BeeGees......and of course, I keep my windows rolled up so it doesn't bother anybody else. It makes me crazy to get stuck at a stop light with some inconsiderate oaf with his windows down and his bass turned up so loud that it vibrates my windows.

California passed a law a few years ago that you can't play your music so loud that it can be heard 50 feet away. Yeah, California, the people who pass the laws that everybody ignores. :(

But when I am stuck next to that noisy oaf at a long light, I want to be able to press a button and have polka music blasting out of a speaker mounted under my car. I think that if I invented that polka speaker device, I could make a million bucks here in California. :P :P

OK, rant over. Back to work.

Oh, Linda, I just burst out laughing when I read your first post. I know exactly what you mean. I hate it when I'm visiting different sites and suddenly your blasted with someone's choice of music. I love music, but it seems to me that they always put on the most annoying music that can be found. I get off of the site as quickly as I can. It never fails that the tune will get into my head and I'll be singing it for days.

My DH has been working on a new telephone system where he works. The system came with music, but no one likes the music that is on it. Last night I walked into his office to hear one of the country western, twangy, 1950's music that he loves playing on his computer. It seems that he was searching for music that he could use to replace the music that came on the system. I had to tell him that although he loves that music, 90% of the employees at the school district probably would hate it worse than the original music. He gave me the most evil, mischievious grin! It wouldn't surprise me a bit to call him at work and get to listen to Patsy Cline or Hank Williams for a minute.

Phyllis

Archived