no more Hobbs Batting at Joanns?????

Our local Joanns (the only one in a hundred mile radius) has been out of Hobbs batting for over two months. I was told that it was not the managers problem it was a problem with "Corporate". I wrote to "Corporate" and when I went the other day the manager informed me that since my email to "Corporate", she had been informed that Joanns will no longer carry Hobbs batting because they are not dealing with that vendor any longer. So when the stores use up their stock of Hobbs there will be no more! Has anyone else heard this??? There goes our only close place and also the 50% coupons. I ask what brand will replace and she just shrugged. Is this a rumor from a disgruntled manager or is it true?

Jeanette

Hi. I'm not sure if this is related, but at the end of April, I ordered Some Hobbs from LongarmConnection.com . Shortly after, they informed me that Hobbs was having trouble with shipping...something like the cost of shipping had increased by a huge amount, and that Hobbs was looking for an alternate source for shipping. It took about 6 weeks to get my order, NOT the fault of LAConnection.

Perhaps Hobbs was unable to get their orders to Joanns too, and Joanns dropped them?

I did notice last week at my local Joanns, that the Hobbs was on clearance, half off, and it didn't look like there was too much, so I scooped up a few king sized packages.

Good luck, and let me know if you need some to tide you over.

I rarely use Hobbs for myself but my 'quilty ladies' all used it because it was the only thing they could get besides some horrible polyester stuff from Joanns. I don't want to get into the position of having to carry batting for customers due to storage and paperwork. Probably 75% of my ladies don't drive anymore except very short trips to the nearby store and quite a few are dependent on others to take them. We live in a rural area and this is going to be a hardship on them:-( Also many of them are on fixed incomes and they depended on that 40% coupon or the sales. Hopefully Joanns will come up with an acceptable and affordable brand for them.

Jeanette

I just read my post and am sorry if it sounded rude! And thank you for your generous offer. I am still working on using up a couple of cases of Thinsulate batting on my own quilts. A friend and I ordered when she was going to open a small shop and then she moved and I have the batting:-) I really like it but its' a bit pricey for my ladies. I also have some of the Quilters Dream Select but again its' a question of price for them.

Jeanette

No its not a rumor....its a fact. However, ALL the managers that I have talked to personally have no idea of why, they just say its a corporate decision to no longer handle it. They tell me that they will continue with Warm and Natural and Warm and White, and the Mountain Mist and Fairfields that they have in stock right now. I know I too am without a retail outlet for Hobbs...bummer.

Guest Linda S

I've been waiting for my roll of Hobbs wool that I ordered from Checker almost a month ago. I did get the invoice a few days ago, so I assume it is finally on the way.

Linda

I had one of the new Mountain Mist blends of cotton/poly...I think...is that the Gold? It quilted nicely but I had a lot of lint in the bobbin case area...more than just thread lint. I did a lot of cleaning. That was my only problem. I usually order Hobbs by the roll from Kingsmen. My customers know I have it but most still use Cotton Dream.

Archived