2006 Millennium

I have a problem and am not sure if anyone can help. My 2006 Millennium has quit working and after working with APQS techs I believe a circuit board is needing replacement. Unfortunately according to the company, a necessary replacement part is not available. I appear to be stuck with a large piece of expensive metal which I cannot use. Ideas??

Sylvia

Is the circuit board no longer being made or is it just out of stock for awhile until it can be manufactured again?

While the machine head is close to 20-years old, it is disappointing that APQS does not have a replacement board or a facility that can accept the circuit board and repair it for quilters.  It is sad to see a high quality machine to be made obsolete because of an old electrical part.  If you are or were the original owner, it makes you wonder how APQS is going to stand behind the lifetime warranty.

Finally, contact a local automobile repair facility and find out where they send their older model circuit boards for repair.  Then contact that facility to see if they would be willing to take a look at your circuit board.  I had to have an older model car circuit board repaired and it cost $250 to have it repaired.

Best of luck getting your machine up and running soon.

Cagey

Thanks for the suggestion, Cagey. I will take your advice. What I have been told is that there is a part for one of the circuit boards which is no longer being made because of changes to technology through the years. Sounds as if this part will not be made.

Sue E… exactly!! I paid a lot for this machine and it has always been a workhorse. It seems such a shame to just trash it. I cannot buy a new one, even a used one.

Sylvia

• 1 month later...

Hello from Germany, I am the original owner of an 2006 Millennium and I am really shocked!

Maybe that's why I don't get any response at all to my emails to APQS customer service & support? I have been blinded by the Lifetime warrenty, or rather you are led to believe that everything can be replaced. I am honestly devastated and I cannot afford a new machine!

Romy

Edited by Quilting4You

Hi Romy,

There is an APQS Facebook page.  I don't use Facebook so I don't belong to it, but I believe that it is quite active.  I wonder if you posted details of your problem on there if someone might be able to help you.  There are some members on there that I believe are APQS techs.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh! I sympathize with you. Exactly why I wasn't anxious to give up my 1997 Ultimate II for the thoroughly modern Millie I just bought, but an opportunity came up and I took it. But I do fear that one day in the not-really-too-distant future (time flies when you're having fun, you know) some part of the technology will become obsolete, and I'll be left, as you apparently are, with a very expensive boat anchor. I hope one of the suggestions works out for you.