circle lord owners

kuda

Just received my CL and am afraid of the adjustments required to install , ie. raising my leveler and quilt top bars and machine head. Can other CL owners spare some support/encouraging words so I can continue the installation process w/o trepidation?

Any tips to make the installation process easier is appreciated!!

Thanks,

Karen.

P. S. I finally started using the Clam Shell pattern this week. I have done three good sized quilts with it. I am going to do the Baptist Fan and then move on to the Swirls. ( I have decided to get Rope and Square Dance next. ) Those tops have the binding already cut out. Going to sew it on, finish those babies and move them on. Thank you Michael and Kay for your products. I am loving them.

Thanks for all of your support. I managed to grit my teeth and JUST DO IT!!! I was up til 2:00am, sweating, but I did it!!! I'm now ready to load a lap quilt using thespiral template. I think I put randomly-placed spirals, then do smaller free-hand spirals in & around those. It looked good on my practice piece.

Quiltfaerie, taking the wheels off was a huge fear of mine also, but I kept thinking - if other people have done this, so can I - Thanks for cheering me on!!

Beth, I cannot afford to let this baby sit and not be used!!

Beverly, I too have the BF template & that's what I'll use on the next top I have. Maybe I'll have time to post pics.

Thanks again ladies!!!

Karen.

Leslie,

Chances are if you get the CL you won't use the HF. The CL can do so much and is so easy to use and so easy to set up. I had the HF and didn't really use it. I was very skeptical about the CL, didn't want to pay the price, yada, yada....I am so glad I did...it was well worth the money. I do have a 14 ft table, but with the CL, when you are finished using it, you just take it off the table. When you are ready to use it again, just put it back on, it is that easy.

If you use your HF a lot and like it, then you may want to keep it. For me, I knew I wouldn't need it after I got the CL. If you have not checked out their web site and their webshot pictures at the CL site, you might want to take a look at what the different templates can do before making your decision.

Just my 2 cents!!

My machine is being set up tomorrow by APQS and would you believe the circle Lord is supposed to come the same day. I hope the CL gets here before Josh comes so maybe he can set it right. Do you have to change the machine everytime for CL or just once. I'm nervous, scared, and excited all at once about the machine. I'm really wanting to know. Thanks Cheryll

Cheryll,

The Circle Lord is a one time set up and it's easy. I started installing myself, and I could have done most of it myself. But I have figured out how to get this pouty, sad look and DH will jump in and come to the rescue. Then I kick back and let him have it. I hand him tools and act like he is my hero!! It worked with my dad too when I was little.

If you have help, take it.

Karen, even if you do not post pictures, please post here and let me know how it went with the BF template. That is the one I want to do next. I did manage to get the binding done on one quilt this morning. Had grandkids in the afternoon and nothing gets done. I want to finish the bindings before I load another quilt. I am lucky in that I send the quilts to my sister once the binding is on and she does the tacking down of the binding and then ships the quilt on to where ever it is going. One of these quilts will go to one of her friends whose DH has cancer and is getting to the last stages. Bright, loud and happy quilt. Another will go to Wounded Warriors Center. I am so happy with the templates because of the ability to get a large quilt done quickly. Take care.

Beverly

Josh from APQS installed the CL stylus and raised up something do I need to make further adjustments? We used the zigzag template and it worked fine. I did not realize that you do not need the CL unit to use the giant templates like the BF, Swirls, Square Dance, fan clams. I can't wait to use them on a quilt. I'm on day 2 with my new machine and I love it.

Archived